Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 7:02 PM by nouveau

Forum moderators that approve postings and support

nouveau Newbie
      Does anyone know how we can contact the moderator for the forum?
      We recently made a posting that came back different from how we submitted it.

It would be great to have a preview of the posting before it is submited.
      Or have a way for the owner of the posting to edit it.

Thank you,

• Re: Forum moderators that approve postings and support
          DomainDiva Ranger
          There have been numerous accounts of responses being hacked and changed by a former member who periodically hacks the site and makes changes, answers questions etc.
            wilfin Adventurer
            It is strange as there are "moderators" that will approve your post, but yet there's absolutely
            nobody to contact???
              KOProducts Newbie
              I have made a forum post today and also posted a story and neither one is visible anywhere. Not even when I click on my contributions in my profile.

Does it take a while for the cahe to clear on this forum and then the post will be visible to the public, or what.

I would be very disappointed if the past hour I spent posting on this site was for nothing.

What happens as soon as I click on post? What process is there. Moderator approval, etc?

Thank you

Travis

DomainDiva Ranger
                  A former/inactive member probably still hacks the site. The same thing has happened to me as well. Post again and keep trying. Maybe one will get through when 'that person' is not looking.
                      nouveau Newbie

Based on the activity and no response leads to 1 reason, it's a Bot.
                      Bots are software applications that run automated task over the forum.
                      This is way you don't see any support contact links. That would require a person to work at least part time.

All it does is parse incoming postings to filter out any key phrases that are against the User Agreement and Community Guidelines of this forum..

Very unfortunate for a site with so much potential.

<dl><dt>Who are the community moderators? BOTS
                      </dt><dd>*The
                      community moderators are a team of professionals dedicated ^ to helping
                      everyone enjoy the community and keeping it running smoothly.*</dd></dl>

Community Policies and Guidelines

<dl><dt>What is the User Agreement?</dt><dd>The User Agreement
                      represents the terms of use for the community, including a code of
                      conduct, and waiver of liability. You must accept the User Agreement to
                      join the community. </dd><dt>What is the Privacy Policy?</dt><dd>The Privacy & Security Policy
                      outlines our disclosures regarding the public nature of content you
                      post on the site and the privacy of your personal information. </dd><dt>What are the Community Guidelines?</dt><dd>The Community Guidelines are the rules all members are expected to abide by while visiting and participating in the community. </dd><dt>How does the Small Business Online Community handle inappropriate content?</dt><dd>Members
                      should report inappropriate content they find on the site. We take your
                      feedback seriously. When we receive a report, our moderators review the
                      situation and take the appropriate action.</dd><dt>How do I report inappropriate content?</dt><dd>Anywhere
                      content has been posted by a community member, you will see a button
                      that says Report as inappropriate. Select this link and follow the easy
                      instructions to alert us to the offending content.</dd><dt>Why was my posting taken down?</dt><dd>If
                      we receive a report of inappropriate content from another member, and
                      we agree with that member's claim, then we may remove the post from the
                      site without notice or explanation.</dd><dt>*Who are the community moderators?*</dt><dd>*The
                      community moderators are a team of professionals dedicated to helping
                      everyone enjoy the community and keeping it running smoothly.*</dd></dl>