Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 10:01 AM by phanio

New Idea: selling used Jeans nation wide- how can i start?

Rich049 Newbie
      I'm always thinking about business ideas, i have good ones but this one is constantly on the back on my mind and could be a great starting business. Thinking of selling them by the dozen and or lbs. Need help with starting ideas. Would like to do this all online.
        • Re: New Idea: selling used Jeans nation wide- how can i start?
          MrCusp Wayfarer
          If you want to do it all online, you need set up a website and get started.

Have you looked at eBay stores? or at Yahoo stores?

eBay has some great benefits, like huge traffic of people looking to buy.

If you want to set up a business online, I suggest http://www.sitesell.com/kimba.html, a fantastic hosting company. I have 2 sites hosted there, and I love it. I don't know html or CSS or Java, but I can build a page and I can use all of those when I learn them.

SBI taught me promotion, linking basics, traffic, SEO - and the tools are superb.

You might just check it out for the help. SBI offers several manuals for free that you can use to learn how to start a business on the web.

Good luck!
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            islandboy9 Wayfarer
            Rich049,

My website has been in business since June 2002 and I have long been thinking about adding a merchandise section for T-Shirts that say maybe "Los Angeles County Jail', 'I Escaped from Rikers Island' or anything prison related but I am open to other items. I am already established so thankfully I have traffic visiting my site. I also have eCommerce set up on the site already. Do you have a supplier or is this just a thought at present? If you are thinking about used jeans, I hope that you have popular 'brand names' in mind like True Religion, Ed Hardy, Marc Ecko, Roca Wear etc. You can store and ship the inventory while I take care of the orders. Let me know if you would be interested. My site is:
            http://www.inmate-connection.com/

Keith.
              phanio Pioneer
              Start with business planning. Identify what you will sell, where you will source your goods, how you will market and distribute them, who your customers are and who you competition is. This will help you solidify your idea and determine if it is viable.

You can find free sources to help you with this research - SCORE (score.org) or SBDC.

Business Money Today