Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 3:13 PM by emagid

Catering business in NJ

LNLcatering Newbie
      I'm looking at starting a catering business in NJ. Can someone provide some guidance on what exactly is first needed to start my business. I have research my business name in order to ensure no one else has this name. What do I do next. Do I simply register the name? Help
        • Re: Catering business in NJ
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Catering Business. Welcome

Develop a Business Plan and Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE.

Also go to Members page and share some info
            pegasus.free Newbie
            I am going to list the basic steps for you. Incorporate company,federal tax id,health permit,after renovation obtain a certificate of occupancy to get fire inspection. These are for NY,but it should'nt differ much in NJ. Hope this was helpful.

I am currently running a FREE INCORPORATION PROGRAM,if you are interested you can contact me at pegasus.free@gmail.com
              emagid Newbie
              Although I cannot give you all the necessary steps to start your catering business, I have two pieces of advice for you:

First, ba aware that in NJ the unions are strong and they are tough competition. So do some research on them.

Second, have an informative and productive website. As someone who works in a web development and search marketing company, I can tell you that a good website that your customers can easily find might be the best marketing tool for a small business. Additionally, from personal experience I can tell you it is hard to find a catering business with a good website. This might give you a competitive advantage.

Best of luck with your new business.

If you would like to visit our site, you can find us at www.emagid.com