Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 5:14 AM by fundconsultnt

LOOKING FOR  WORKING CAPITAL FOR MY BUSINESS

Wayfarer

I build drycleaners (turnkey) across the country I am looking for investors to help market this nationwide. I have built stores in several states, but need to expand. advice please. Also mainstream banks wont help. my website is envirodryclean.com
        • Re: LOOKING FOR  WORKING CAPITAL FOR MY BUSINESS
          phanio Pioneer
          Several options for financing for you:

Purchase Order Financing - you close a contract - then get the working capital you need based on that contract - these lenders do not look at you for their decision but at the contract. Get capital for equipment, materials, even labor.

Unsecured loans - many companies out there that provide these. Just need good credit and good income.

We list information and resources for these types of financing on our website. No cost to use our site.

Business Money Today
          -www.businessmoneytoday.com-
            ggoodard Adventurer
            Please feel free to view my profile and email me at ggoodard@aol.com
              fundconsultnt Wayfarer
              Sometimes it's better to do fundraising rather than asking for others for capital, to become more independant. But nonetheless, here's your options:
              • Bank Loans - One of the first options most entrepreneurs consider is a bank loan. And this is a doable option in some cases. Unfortunately, the current economic downturn has made it a challenge to get credit under most circumstances. To qualify for a business loan, you usually need to demonstrate experience in business management and provide a professional business plan for review by the loan officer. Other bank loan choices would include using your home as collateral or using a home equity line of credit to finance your business. Of course, these options are very risky.
              • Family & Friends - Another source of capital is borrowing the money from the people you know. Depending on whom you know and their financial picture, this could be an effective approach. On the downside, borrowing from family and friends can be a dangerous road, especially if things go sour with the business. Make sure to get everything in writing in order to prevent problems and misunderstandings down the road.
              • Use an Angel - Angels are investors who are willing to give money to entrepreneurs. A number of web sites provide resources to help connect people like yourself to potential angels. Just remember that the competition for these investment dollars is fierce so you need a great idea and you need to be able to sell that deal to others. Make sure you clearly understand the terms of their investment, including how much say they have in how the business is run, before you close the deal.
              • Use Credit Cards - One of the most innovative fund raising ideas is to charge most of your start-up expenses on your personal credit cards. While this can work well for some businesses, the funding is usually too limited for larger operations. Plus, maxing out your cards can lower your credit rating and can make obtaining alternative financing more difficult down the road. Try to use credit cards only for minor purchases, such as stationery or fax machines.
              • Use Fundraiser 1.0 - Another approach that has worked for many entrepreneurs is a program called Fundraiser 1.0. Basically, the program works by bringing together other people who are trying to raise capital online so they essentially help each other raise the money needed. Four fund raising levels are available with the program, including the highest level which tops out at over $11 million USD.* http://linkfrog.net/capital
              • Try Government Programs - If you're located in the United States, try contacting the Small Business Association (SBA) for information about grant and loan programs designed to help entrepreneurs get started.