Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 5:50 PM by phanio

Started a statistical database business

BTFich16 Wayfarer
      Today I launch a website, www.statugle.com. It is a site where anyone can go and posts stats they find anywhere on the web. The goal of the site is to organize every stat out there into an easily searchable database. It will be almost like a googe image search, but for when you are looking for a specific number. This could be anything from the number of restaurants that fail yearly in Chicago, to the minimum salary for a AAA ballplayer.

I am 23 and doing this alone, I already exhausted all the money I have, but now I need to get the word out that this exists and create a little publicity to start to build the site. Anyone know how to do this?
        • Re: Started a statistical database business
          BTFich16 Wayfarer
          Does anyone have any advice or feedback on the site????
          • Re: Started a statistical database business
            phanio Pioneer
            There are a couple of thing you can do -

You need to optimize your website so that people can find it - this requires content, keywords, backlinks, etc. as well as getting your site listed in relevant directories and the like - use tools like Google Analytics. If you do a web search for SEO - you will find many tips and advice on how to do this or companies that you can hire to do this for you.

You can also create a blog - to help direct people to your site. Again, you will have to optimize your blog.

You can find forums like this one and put your information out there - outlining your business.

You can write articles and press releases about your industry and business - then submit them to local and national news organizations - driving user to your site.

These are just a few of the things that I can think of off the top of my head for an online business looking to increase awareness with very limited funds.

Business Money Today