Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2009 9:42 AM by Yodaya

Need something designed? Start a design contest for free!

Yodaya Newbie
      Hello,

I have just launched a new design crowdsourcing site which is a great tool to source design works.

If you need something designed just start a design contest and award a prize and receive submissions from hundred of designers.

Give it a try and visit www.creative.gd
        • Re: Need something designed? Start a design contest for free!
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need something designed? Welcome

Start a design contest for free! Great idea. That is thinking OUTSIDE THE BOX

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            idesign Wayfarer
            Design contests are a blight on the design community!
            When a contest is run, the requirement is that a designer must submit a concept or two or three. This is required with no promise of compensation. If a landscaper came to my yard and I said, well I have you and three other guys to landscape my yard, you each have a section, I want your best ideas, your (billable) time, your insight, experience and use of your tools, go to it.
            Oh by the way, I'm not promising any payment, just do it, if I like yours I might pay you or maybe I will steal your ideas and pay some other guy half to do it.

When you require free work you are stealing from a designer. You are getting low quality, not thought through work. You are most likely getting clipart logos or those stolen from various logo sites.
            No one wins, ever.

if you want good work and not something thrown together do your own homework.
            just say no to 'contests'
            LindaB
            eCoverSource.com
            no-specs.com
                Yodaya Newbie
                Hello idesign,

thanks for your comments. Your are welcome to participate in a contest! But we do not force you to participate do we?
                If you have a great reputation and have lots of clients knocking at your door you are in a comfortable situation.
                But if you are new to the design business and don't have a portofolio to show of you need to earn a reputation and contets are a great way to earn a reputaton in my opinion.
                Your arguments with the landscaper are not valid since you would not hire a landscaper without comparing concepts of differents landscapers first. Which means that even the landscaper has to create a concept to get a job. This is quite usual for creative work architects participate in contests and even marketing agencies participate in pitches to win a new customer.......