This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 3:16 PM by sharonphilip RSS

Can I get a business credit card with my EIN number?

Currently Being Moderated

I recently started my company a little over a month ago, obviously I'm not trying to get into a bunch of credit card debt but would like to have a nice low starter card for the company for those small business expenses i.e. printer ink, business cards, monitors/pc equipment etc. currently I'm using my personal card for these type items and its starting to wear on my own credit so I tried to receive a company card from Citibank but was denied due to my credit. Is there a way to obtain a company card using the EIN number or do anyone know of a lending organization that would issue a business card to a person with fair/good credit (650-750)?

Thanks
  • Re: Can I get a business credit card with my EIN number?
    BizSolutions Novice
    Yes, please email me so I may give you more information. Monique@accuratefinancial.info
    phanio Master
    Your EIN is not going to matter - they will still base their decission on your personal credit - especially since you are a new business. Further, for a business credit card - you will need more time in business and a personal credit score at the high end of your stated range. I know you don't want to use your personal credit anymore - but I am afraid that is really all you have to use - I don't like it either but that is really just the way it is.

There are many options for you - I know you are seeking a line of credit as that is essentially what a credit card is. But, if you would like to have some money in the bank to use to grow your business - there are many options given you current credit score.

For information on these options - please visit our website - you can search for 'Business Money Today' - we only provide information and resources to help business owners find the capital they need - there is no cost to use our site.

Business Money Today
    mike2all Newbie
    there are a few companies out there that will give you credit with a tax id number only...the bad part about business credit (that's is if you don't have any)is the company or business that want or need the credit, need the funding NOW or with in a few days.....but building a GOOD business credit profile is a process that usually takes about 3 to 6 and months to build and sometimes longer....you start out with some "net 30 accounts","net 20 accounts" ...these account balances is due in 30 or 20 days.....making sure each time you use the account it is getting reported to the credit reporting agency ....like d and b....then you move to a revolving account like the citibank card that you tried to apply for...citibank offers credit lines sometimes as low as 300 to a high of 6000 or more in business credit.....citi bank in some cases is just servicing the card for a retailer, like staples .....NO CREDITOR WANTS TO BE THE FIRST TO ISSUE YOUR BUSINESS 6000 OR MORE REVOLVING CREDIT ON A TAX ID # no matter what your personal credit profile looks like....if you paid someone to coach you through this process you will very rarely get turned down for business credit....AND YOU WILL NOT MISUSE THE PROCESS LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO WITH THEIR PERSONAL CREDIT....email me if you seriously want to build a strong business credit profile mhardnett@titanicmgmt.com
    denmdude Newbie
    i did try to reply but no post
    rencmbs.vate1 Newbie
    try working with the bank that you have deposits with.
    sharonphilip Newbie

I would go with what Mike2all said. I also know two programs that can help. They will help you get business credit and you have to go through the program before you can get a loan from the bank. But if your credit is 720 or above, then you should be able to get a loan in 2 months or earlier

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points