Post a new topic
    21 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2009 3:19 AM by Mike75065

Looking for a shopping cart on a budget

Mike75065 Scout
      Hi everyone this Michael Ladd Just wondering if there anybody like to help a new guy on the block in getting a shopping cart on a budget. Sorry I am not rich. I really need on badly,

Wanting to start a shopping cart with 500-2000 products. I am looking the cheapest way to even a already made template would be fine. Sorry I sound so desperate.

Also which better a newsletter or a blog I alkso want to do and were can I get free template and free content. I wan t to promote my business also.

Please if anybody is kind enough to help me I will be in dept to you forever.
      I am desperately wanting to start a ecommerce business.

Please email me if you can help or advice me,
      Michael Ladd
      Michael75065@Gmail.com
        • Re: Looking for a shopping cart on a budget
          hugodon Newbie

Check out www.oscommerce.com

any question
          email at hugh.taylor@yahoo.com
          Paul
          www.hugh-taylor.com
              Mike75065 Scout

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michael Ladd and kind of new on here.

I am new on here and just checking if anybody can help me or advise me on a shopping cart. It can be a template. I am on a budget tho.

Looking for a cart for 500-2000 general merchandise products and a shopping cart that is seo friendly and easy to buy on here and RSS feed for a newsletter if possible or something like it.

Sorry I sound desperate but I really need a shopping cart on a budget.

If anybody can help me or any advise me please email at
              Michael Ladd
              Michael75065@Gmail.com
              Thanks!
              GSOL.US Wayfarer
              Mike,

Take a look at this cart:

http://demos.gsolutionsonline.net/cart/

Let me know what you think about it.

That cart costs $250. If that's too much for you, let me know, and I'll recommend a few more lower cost alternatives.

• Eric Gillette
                Cash_in_Hand Adventurer

did you ever get any help? are you limited because of budget reasons? could you use an extra $10,000 to $30,000 for any projects?

Brian Faulkner
                469-402-1125
                www.motherfund.com

bfaulkner@motherfund.com
                    GSOL.US Wayfarer
                    Hey Brian, what kind of funding do you guys do??

I'm asking because I have an idea that would almost certainly be good. . .

But I lack funding for the idea. . .I've considering selling the idea to the company who would benefit from it most, but I'm wondering if I should try and develop it myself, and then sell it to the company later on.

Get back to me when you can. You can e-mail me at: egillette@gsolutionsonline.net

Thanks!
                    PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                    I am not sure this works for you with so many products. I have two favorites:

www.asecurecart.net

This cart is $15.55 a month and you pay as you go, or get a discount when you pay by the year. It works great with Pay Pal and and Google Checkout so there are no other monthly fees. Free 30 days

www.securenetshop.com

Another great cart. 19.95 per month but you pay for the year up front. The downside is they want 12 months up front for the deal. Free trial.

It will collect the credit card information and you can just run it on your exisiting credit card machine.

What I like about both is you do not have to secure the site. They do this for you and complete the transaction online. Both retreive and add appropriate USP/FedEx fees.

If you are just starting out I always suggest going the least expensive means possible. Once the orders start coming in and you get a feel for the volume only then do I suggest looking at the more expensive options.

Just my thoughts.

best of luck!
                    rob
                        Mike75065 Scout
                        Hi there PVGuest check,

I want to thank you for your helping me and respoding to my post on SBOC and you told me about 2 shopping carts and have yu every used one.

Which one do you like best or recommend?? asecurecart or securenetshop. I like securenetshop but
                        I doing 500-2000 general merchandise products and I just emailed the companies to see if I can do something like this.

Have you ever used any of thses carts?? Lat me know. How hard is to put these cart together?? What about content/meta/tags/scripts for these cart I still learning all this and what seo for these cart.

I have read tons of books but this ranking and seo and tags, meta and scripting has got me so confused. Also how often should you update a shopping cart and I want a rss or something newsletter with my cart. I want to do a newsletter once a week to go with my shopping cart.

I have degree in marketing and been a top sales and marketing manager my whole life but this I never done before.

Hope you can help me some please.

I want to thank your company very much for all your advice to my SBOC Post.
                        Sorry I am learning all this,
                        Michael Ladd
                        Michael75065@Gmail.com
                            PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                            Securenetshop stores your items. Since it is HTML on your site that takes care of the SEO piece of it. I don't use it myself but for a client who does have about 1000 price points of Court forms.

I asecurecart.net for my own site. I got roped into selling guest checks and other stuff for a client sometime ago. We just switched from Pay Pal for everything to pay pal and asecurecart.net.

I think it is a one guy operation, anytime I call it is the same person. He is really helpful.

I am not sure about the rss feeds, I don't really get into that.

thanks!
                            rob
                                Mike75065 Scout
                                Hi Rob

Wow your fast!!

Do you mind if I can see your shyopping cart. Please.

Can I say one thing you seem a very nice business man and I just want to really really thank for all your time and help.

If you have a link I love to see your cart please and how hard is asecurecart to put together??

I no so many hosting and reselling company / programs it not funny. Looking around for good one. I check into godaddy again.

Michael Ladd
                                Michael75065@Gmail.com
                                    PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                                    We are at www.guestchecks.us

Kind of wild, web guy who sells guest checks, but I have a lot of restaurants.

Godaddy works for me because we have nearly 200 websites. It lets me set up separate accounts for each customer, the basic reseller account is $99 a year and at their lowest rate I make about $12 a year off each site. You can jack up the prices as you choose though and make more. GoDaddy does the customer service for you and people can call in and they take care of them. Good customer service!
                                Mike75065 Scout
                                HI Rob

One thing that amazes me is how small the world can get with the Internet. All people and business you meet and etc

One last stupid question: You told me about2 cheap shopping carts asecurecart and securenetshop and I think you said your using asecurecart. Out of there cart who do like the best and what else do you do besides sell restaurant checks.

Thanks again
                                Michael Ladd
                                Michael75065@Gmail.com
                                    PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                                    Asecure does not have an option to resell it, so if you are going to sell cards you'd have to go with securenetshop.com.

I prefer, for myself, Asecure because it is so easy to use and they have great customer service. The other one starts out in India, but they are pretty good. Still it is fairly easy to use.

I do some marketing consulting, but mainly we sell our paper products and websites these days.
                                        Mike75065 Scout
                                        Hi Rob

Just got your message and is asecurecart hard to put together and I don't want to resell asecurecart if that what your thinking. Just want to do a general merchandise company of 500-2000 products and do a newsletter with my shopping cart and on the side sell hosting and website and shopping carts and maybe broker some printing since I was in the business like labels, computer forms and business cards maybe.

I hope I can do a cart like this??? So there from India and how is customer service??

MichaeL Ladd
                                        Do you have a email address
                                        I likes your products and business. I went to your
                                        website and links.
                                            PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                                            They are not from India, their customer service is. I think they do good job.

The big difference in the two for you is seurenetshop keeps your products saved within your account, the other just gives you an HTML generator. For me it does not matter one way or the other, the HTML is saved on the website and I can edit it.

For other this may be an important feature.

Keep in mind my use of either is fairly limited, for me and my client's I am tossing some html on a page. I would really suggest spending some time on both sites and possibly calling and asking them questions.

rob
                                                Mike75065 Scout
                                                Hi Rob

Your right I need to call them or email them and I already did that. What do me one save your products and one is HTML. I feel dumb about some of this stuff. Isn't everybody going to India or Philipines and they drive me crazy kind hard to understand them and I don't like customer service from India. Keep it in the USA.

You know what I am doing I think for a business so which one do you recommend I use. How hard are they to put together. I am no web designer.

I hope my business DiscounterDepot is not to big my General merchandise business.and are thses cart SEO ready and I know I need good content for ranking.

Michael Ladd
                                        idesign Wayfarer
                                        Hi Mike
                                        Check out Magento eCommerce. It is free, it is awesome. Physical and digital products, various payment processors,shipping and many many features.
                                        Its open source (free) and has great community support.
                                        Another:
                                        Joomla.com with the VirtueMart shopping cart plugin, also free

Both have learning curves as do most if not all carts, but well worth the time.
                                        Linda
                                        eCoverSource.com