Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2009 2:00 AM by Bamboogreen

Trying to start a trucking company

jfantishia Newbie
      My husband and i are looking to start a trucking company. we have found loads to take, but no funding to get a truck and trailer to start- capital. can anyone help!! i would like to start a trucking company buisness, i have need to by the equipment, but im not sure where to go for help with money to start-up, anyone have some advice for me? i have tried to find grands with no luck. it could be i do not know what i am looking for. we have a business plan already. just looking for some help with the funding to start a buiness.
        • Re: Trying to start a trucking company
          autho13 Wayfarer

Good luck starting a trucking company in this economy. You will need to have operating authority and insurance in place before you can haul anything legally. You can lease tractor and trailer from most companies such as Ryder. You may be best served to start out brokering the loads to truckers already on the road via web site load boards.
          Trucking has never been an easy job, only made worse with the soft economy we are in. Get with some people who specialize in trucking to make sure you are legal from day one.. gary@authorizedcarrier.com
            LUCKIEST Guide

Who are you?? go to Members page and share some info.

*Just
            came across "Peer to Peer Borrowing" Log on to Prosper.com describe
            your venture and propose the terms of the loan. Then watch as private
            individuals compete to finance your business.*

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Who are you?? go to Members page and share some info.

Just came across "Peer to Peer Borrowing" Log on to Prosper.com describe
              your venture and propose the terms of the loan. Then watch as private
              individuals compete to finance your business.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
                Bamboogreen Wayfarer
                We have a trucking co. in Los Angeles, CA, and looking for loads every day, see if you could brokering to us and get commissions.
                Also, we were trying to sale our trucking operation to any one who would interested in trucking business, our line still making good money, cash flow back every day, we have trouble on the partnership. if you and your husband together will do a good team and no profit splits it will bring you over $100,000 ayr, and you may have the operations at home as the office, low overhead and help pay the house also.
                Send me an E-mail if you would like to do it.

George
                leeseel@aol.com