Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2009 5:28 PM by retailconcept

Business Plan Numbers

Cecile Newbie
      So, I'm starting a small high-end women's apparel boutique in a relatively large town with absolutely no recourse for 'big city' fashion, and i'm currently in the process of writing a business plan. My question is, however, how is anyone supposed to quantify sales or financial forecasts without first having the business? Is there somewhere I can look for retail averages by geographic region/area? Do i just literally make up the numbers?

I'm not even sure how much profit margin clothing stores like the one that I want to build up even make; I pretty much have an idea, know it's a good one, and want to get started, but I'm not quite sure where to turn while trying to write my business plan without having to sell an arm and a leg for 'advising services'. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!
        • Re: Business Plan Numbers
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Business Plan Numbers, Welcome

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you supply the numbers you need for your business plan. You can visit SCORE in person or online.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Business Plan Numbers
            retailconcept Wayfarer
            Hi Cecile--congratulations on getting started. Quantifying sales and inventory is one of the most challenging parts of putting together a business plan and launching a retail concept. It is both an art and a science, as will be managing your open-to-buy and purchase plans going forward. If you are interested in getting more structured support in this area, we can work with you on a customized project for your boutique--we work with independent retailers just like you to help get their retail ventures started. You can find out more by checking out our website www.retailconcepts.com. Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from you!

Retail Concepts