Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2007 1:46 PM by NatOnline

Signing vendor Contract

alabed Newbie
      Every vendor I deal with they ask me to sign a contract, I do not like to sign any contracts but I do it any way then I feel like I am under there mercy and I have no control because the contract only to protect the vendors.
      Is there any ideas to avoid signing contracts for any service I need?
        • Re: Signing vendor Contract
          Marzipan Wayfarer

A contract can protect both parties. For example, in the contract you can make sure that it specifies the exact service/product to be delivered, the cost, exceptions, etc. So, if you have to sign a contract make sure that it includes language that protects your best interests as well. A contract can be helpful for both parties.
            Score133 Wayfarer
            Signing a contract protects both the buyer (you) and the seller (vendor). The only way to know exactly what you are signing is to actually read the contract. Not all contracts are to your detriment. Remember, contracts are for the purpose of defining exactly what you want to purchase and exactly what the vendor is going to sell you. Without a contract, if the product or service you purchase is defective or deficient, the only way you can get recourse in a court of law is if you have a valid contract and can prove it has been breached. As for feeling that you have no control, you can always negotiate a contract...nothing is set in stone! But again, the most important thing you can do is read everything you sign. If you don't read it, you're right, you don't have any control! Good luck...and read that contract!
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Lighthouse24 Ranger
              Contracts are there to protect you, too, not just the vendor. They are the essential AGREEMENT between the vendor and you, so make sure it's a true agreement -- everything is negotiatable. There are many more variables to a deal than just price and payment, and it's okay (expected, in fact) for you to negotiate for at least some of the terms and conditions YOU want.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                HOLATS Newbie
                Our business ( as a vendor) has a contract that must be signed by our clients before we provide service. It provides the groundwork for the realtionship. A contract is not necessarily a bad thing.It spells out what each party is ecpeted to do. Our contract is very simple; it states what we will do for the client and what the client will pay for our services as well as the jurisdiction where problems will be handled. This provides a guideline in case of a dispute or disagreement.

One way to protect yourself is to read the contract completely. Also, check if the vendor belongs to the Better Business Bureau. You can do this by logging onto If you find that the business has a history of complaints, then you may want to look for another vendor to provide the service you are looking for.
                  LUCKIEST Guide

{font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}{color:#006600}JUST SIGN IT AND

SEND IT BACK:{color}{font}{font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}
                  {color:#006600}The Good Old Days{color}{font}

{font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}There may have been a time when we
                  all could safely ignore or just sign and return the occasional micro-fine-print that came unexpectedly with a contract. Did anyone
                  really read those things? Surely there was nothing "bad" in them,
                  right? Who (in their right mind) would think they were negotiable? And what
                  was the chance that their terms could or would ever be enforced? Well, if there
                  were a time like that, it is long gone...{font}

• {font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}They are no longer an occasional \\ occurrence.{font}
                  • {font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}People do read them.{font}
                  • {font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}They do have bad things in them.{font}
                  • {font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}Our response to them affects their \\ content, now and for the future.{font}
                  • {font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}They are enforceable.{font}

{font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}It is a different world. If you come into it with your eyes and ears open and
                  your focus firmly fixed on your patrons' needs, you will do fine. Come into
                  it any other way and you are likely to be blindsided by the contract bus or
                  worse, trampled by the herd of attorneys following the bus. {font}

BE CAREFUL, LUCKIEST
                    NatOnline Tracker
                    We are trying not to deal with a vendor contract or services contract because we had a bad experiences. If you really need to sign a contract, the best way to go is contacting your attorney and ask him to check the contract before to sign it.

We had an interview with the Soleproprietor Magazine, if that can help you, read the SEO part contract at:

Good luck