Post a new topic
    32 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 8:18 PM by langsmile

How can I advertise and get more traffic to my website?

Promising Newbie
      Hi,

I'm a stay at home mom and decided to become involved with a company that helped me lead a healthier life.

I have my personal website http://www.promisingliving.com/ and want to share this information with others so that they can make informed decision regarding their health.

All products are environmentally friendly & made with purest natural ingredients that are non-toxic and biodegradable.

Here you can find everything you need for creating a healthier life such as,

Vitamins & Minerals, Herbal Formulas, Weight Management, Functional Foods Sports & Fitness, Beauty & Personal Care Products, Home Care Products Air & Water Purification and also a great Business Opportunity for stay at home moms.

How can I advertise my website and get more traffic to my website?

Please reply me if you have any useful ideas.

Thank you.
        • Re: How can I advertise and get more traffic to my website?
          eZeeTax Wayfarer
          Your website looks like its a generic website. There might be other website exactly like the one you have so I don't know how much control you have over the content.

I looked at your page source and wasn't able to find a description. You should include meta tags on each and every page that you can edit. This is very important for search engine traffic.

Try using twitter, facebook etc for social traffic. Try exchanging links with other websites, submit your website to link directories.

Hope I helped :)
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              DigitalExtrem Newbie
              Remember you want the right kind of traffic. The first thing you need to check is where you place for your keywords. Social marketing like face book and linked in is a great place to start to get some quality traffic to your site. Merchant circle is a good way of promoting traffic as well. We get a lot of work off Craigslist. Time is an important factor in getting traffic from Google. Until a website is a year old its not considered to be a trusted site. Backlinks are very important to your website; try to get as many relevant backlink to promote your website. We joined the local Chamber of Commerce and pass out business cards at every mixer. If you don’t have any budget to get your site going try reading and researching on Google for way to promote your website. Remember putting up a website isn’t a guarantee to get traffic it take a lot of work.
              I know what you mean. My site http://ronjones.zurvita.biz is also a cookie cutter type of website. I have been in the business for about 2 months and have not had much luck driving traffic to my site. I did try newspaper adds and ran it for a week and was not able to get traffic that way. I did get some results by putting a magnet on the back of my two vans with my site and to my toll free number 1-866-295-4547. But I think that the last post is right that personal face to face is the best way, followed by sites like face book. If anyone else has information they think will help please post or email me at ronjonesjr@hotmail.com
                spacemonkey Adventurer
                You have a nice green website. But other than starting something on facebook, orkut, myspace, and linkedin you can find affiliates that will market your product for you.
                Good luck
                  GSOL.US Wayfarer
                  Have you tried doing some PPC marketing (Pay-Per-Click)??

That should help you to get some immediate traffic, and also test your conversion rates and such.

One major thing I did notice, is that your URL's look like this:

http://www.promisingliving.com/Details/index.htm

In reality, they should look like this though:

http://www.promisingliving.com/index.htm
                  Having your pages underneath a directory, unless necessary, and naturally following your directory structure is not helpful to your rankings in search engines.

You should also try surveying your visitors and getting their opinions on your website, what they like/don't like. . .whether they purchased or not, and what convinced them to make that decision (or not).

I could go on. . .and on. . .but you tell me if you'd like more advice before I start rambling! =0)
                    bobdub Newbie

Hi Promising,

As a SEO Company we excel at bringing a business to its customer's screens through exhaustive search engine optimization practices. Working with you we tailor a SEO campaign that best suits your business needs. Our SEO services include researching and developing keywords that will work best with your website and target market. Using these keywords we then code your site, optimizing your various tags on your site to better produce traffic. If this sounds like something I can help you with then contact me through email bob@ditley.com and you can check out my company (http://www.ditely.com/). You can type in web design company in Google and you'll see we come up one the first page.
                      emagid Newbie
                      There are a number of things you can do. First of all, there are people out there who are looking for you. Think of what keywords they are typing as they search in Google, Yahoo, and so on. You can pay for your site to appear in the sponsored links boxes on specific searches, or you can optimize your website to appear in the regular, or organic, results. Additionally, you can take advantage of social networking sites to spread the word. There is a good amount of work you can do yourself, but if you want to rank on the first page of Google, and get substantial traffic, you probably need to hire someone to do it.
                      Let me know if you need any help. http://www.emagid.com/
                        Prophet Newbie
                        The first thing you need is some seo (search engine optimizing) help!
                        watch the second video on the front page of this site to get a better understanding.
                        http://www.avtglobal.com/
                          claurent Newbie
                          Hi there,

I have the same question for my website www.dearmomndad.com
                          How do I promote my site so people would use my links?

Thank you
                              PVGuestCheck Adventurer

As a web designer I would point out a few things.

Rule Number One is you want to have as much of the design on your site. This is a limited website with links to other places. The more content on your own site the more likely you get seen.

Rule Number Two is every link, every image should be captioned.

Rule Number Three is to get some great content on that website. Google will tell you content is king. My assessment is your website has nothing that is going to take it anywhere to really get any attention.

PVGuestCheck Adventurer
                                DearMomandDad.com is a very troubling site in its presentation. I am a web designer, but also a former foster parent and social worker. I see what you are doing, but I think you would chase off many people with that title.

I think it may be good you are not getting much traffic, this is a chance to revise your message.

I can see some value in what you are doing...I can also see where the title itself would be a problem for anyone wanting to present it to a group of any kind. When adding new things in the teaching or social work and related worlds this is typically done by proposing to a group and convincing folks. Your title, "Dear Mom and Dad....I died today" being the first thing people see is a little insensitive to be the first thing for some people to see.

I guess what I am saying is rathr than going for the "shock sale" perhaps re-examine who your audience is and direct the primary message at that audience. If it is teachers and professionals I think you appeal to their intelligence.
                                  Promising Newbie
                                  Hi, dearmomndad.com

Email me at promisingliving@yahoo.com to learn more. I will give you some ideas that I learnt from this site.
                                      franso Adventurer
                                      If you are selling a product on that website, You can use google adwords and pay $0.01 for evry visitor they bring to your website, If you are in a very compettitive field you have to make your bid more than $0.01 or use less popuplar companies such as adbrite otr bidvertiser which carges a minimum of 0.05 per visitor.

With this method you will waste litte time, SEO sometimes doesnt work and will only bring less than 500 vistors per day unless, you are in a less competive area.
                                    TrafficAdvice Newbie
                                    Hi Promising,

I have a website that specializes in training business owners how to get more traffic from the internet. Many of the methods are zero cost, some methods involve buying traffic. You can get a FREE DVD entitled "7 Business Traffic Secrets" and a free 14 day trial in our video training membership. <a href="http://www.businesstrafficsecrets.com">www.BusinessTrafficSecrets.com</a>

Hope this helps,

Earl
                                      langsmile Wayfarer
                                      Why Certainly, I too am trying to drive traffic to my web site www.LSLOGO.com, I have links, give aways and questions. My IS provider says I'm doing the right thing but no traffic. I've been at this for almost a year.
                                      HELP!!!
                                          TrafficAdvice Newbie
                                          Hi Langsmile,

I looked at LSLOGO.com and I think you should consider making some changes to the site. First, all of the pages on your site have the same page title "LS Logo" this is critical! The page title is what shows at the top of the browser window bar - it is also what Google and all of the search engines use to determine what your page is about. Each page title should be different and use the keyword that describes what is on the page. For example you should have a unique page for each t-shirt logo that shows only one t-shirt and name that page something like "Brazilian Smile Logo Shirt" This tells the search engines (like Google) what is ON that page. You also need to put a nice, long description paragraph at the TOP of the page that uses that same term "Brazilian Smile Logo Shirt" along with other phrases that describe what is on the page - like (pre-shrunk 100% cotton Beefy T, available in Medium, Large, and extra Large, available in these colors: Black, Blue, White..... etc.) This is really important if you ever want people to find your pages in the search results.

Also, I would recommend more complete descriptions on your home page about what your company does and the products you offer, and PLEASE, get photos of your shirts with the logos on the shirts. People do not read all the fine print, they want to see the final product - also, make sure the images are named like this: brazilian-logo-shirt.jpg not like this: image57.jpg. Then make sure the "Alt Tag" for each image also describes the picture.

Lastly, I think your site could use a little re-design, It looks a little "home made" and not to hurt your feelings, but people want a real professional looking site if they are considering an order.

That's all I have time for right now - good luck with your site, I hope you can make those changes. This is only the beginning of what can be done to make your business show up online. If you want more information, get a free DVD here: http://www.businesstrafficsecrets.com that teaches more on these subjects, and also gives you a 14 day trial membership in our video training series.

To your success,

Earl
                                            studio 525 Adventurer
                                            In my previous post, I don't know if I defined certain words for newbies to online marketing.
                                            Of course everyone knows what website traffic is. But I'm not sure if I defined the difference between targeted traffic and non-targeted traffic. Targeted traffic refers to people who fit your ideal demographic, the most likely people to be interested in and buy your product, the people with the "pain" you have the ideal solutions for. Non-targeted traffic is a large pot of the general public that hopefully contains at least some of this ideal demographic along with a majority of people who are outside this ideal demographic.

For this reason, you will always get a much higher conversion rate from targetted traffic.

Conversions do not necessarily refer to sales. A conversion is any action or direct response your visitor takes that moves them closer to the sale. This can be signing up for your opt-in email newsletter, signing up for a Seminar, calling you for a proposal, etc. We call this a soft conversions. Other conversions are closed sales or result in closed sales, where your visitor becomes a paying customer by buying something from your website, ordering by phone, or paying for your service. We call these hard conversions. A hard conversion is a sale.

In order to be successful in web marketing, you need all three legs of the three legged stool. These three legs are:
                                            1. Traffic. Preferably highly targeted.
                                            2. Conversions. A website that gets a high percentage of both soft conversions and hard conversions. The benchmark that we and our clients find successful is 18% soft conversions and 3-6% hard conversions.
                                            3. A large list of interested prospects you can continue to market to by providing high quality, in demand information. This is your opt-in email list.

If one of those legs isn't there, your marketing efforts will not be successful. If you get 100s of interested prospects to visit your website each week, it's worth nothing unless your website converts a high percentage of those visitors. If your website converts well, it won't matter unless people find it and visit it. And, unless you build a solid list of interested prospects, any success you have will be short lived.

So continue to work on all three together. Constantly checking your conversion stats will show you what you need to change to keep your conversions high.

Keep building your traffic using all the methods we list on our website and in our free e-book.

One of the most reliable sources of highly targeted trafffic is a link from the website of another trusted online vendor. One website linking to our website consistently results in conversions over 50%. That's extremely high. It means that for every two people coming to our website from this website one person takes a positive action, like signing up for our Email Newsletter, contacting us for a free website analysis, or requesting a proposal. So far no other source of traffic has such high conversion rates. We average 18%.

There are several ways to get people to link to your website, but one of the best is to have really great content on your website that inspires people to link to it.

Remember that traffic is only one of the three legs. When you build a really large opt-in list, this will become one of your main sources of highly targeted traffic. And the other sources of traffic will continue to convert and grow this list even larger. It's a positive cycle that continues to grow and build on itself.

Peter

Peter Cutler
                                            Studio 525
                                            http://studio525.com

We don't just create websites.
                                            We create results.
                                          • Re: How can I advertise and get more traffic to my website?.
                                            forexme Newbie
                                            Well, you can advertise your website by just simply making a PPT-WMM and just download it like in YouTube and some other that can download a video or joining other social net thing and publish your site. And especially you need to put a very convincing nieche into it in promoting the site, in that little way of yours can increase your traffic.

• And I have my new two sites to those forex enthusiasts or even forex expert wanna be. Just feel FREE to explore and discover the Market Mover Edge site http://mmedge.com/ and FOREX account new level site http://simplysignals.com./*
                                              studio 525 Adventurer
                                              Hi Promising,
                                              There are many, many ways to get more traffic to your site. I always go for the most highly targeted, pre-qualified traffic I can find. I can go over how I do that in a minute. But if you want a huge jump in non-targeted traffic, meaning 300 visitors a day for only $5.95 per 1,000 visitors, try one of the link exchanges like http://www.easyhits4u.com.
                                              As I said, you will get 1,000 new visitors, 300 per day for only $5.95. Because this is not targeted traffic, you'll have way less conversions/sales then with targeted traffic. But if your website converts well, you will definitely get some.

Of course this is way less expensive than Google Adwords and other pay per click programs, where you pay from $.20 to over $5.00 per click (everytime someone clicks on your ad). You're only paying $5.95 for 1,000 clicks. That's 1/2 of $.01 per click.

But with Google Adwords the traffic is highly targeted. You'll have many more sales/conversions per click. Your conversion percentage will be higher with this method.

I also use even more targeted traffic methods, like article marketing and several Social Media methods that have even higher conversion and sales percentages.

My own website has an 18% conversion rate. This is quite high for the industry. But I manage to get that for most of my clients too. Of course it's much lower for the link exchanges and other non-targeted traffic methods. I'm running about 3.2% with the link exchange right now. But my site converts very well.

One of the best ways to get traffic is first page placement on Google's organic search. It's also cheapest, being free.
                                              But it takes time and effort to get on Google's first page for very competitive keywords. We've managed to do that for many of our clients, but it doesn't happen overnight. You have to build content and inbound links, which takes time.

We have a huge amount of information on our website about getting traffic and converting that traffic to sales.
                                              We've also got an e-book you can download for free The Complete Online Selling System: 5 Proven Steps That Turn Your Website Into A Powerful Sales Magnet. It covers all the most effective ways for getting targeted traffic and turning that traffic into sales.

The url for the free e-book is:
                                              http://studio525.com/special_report

I've worked in marketing and advertising for over 30 years and I've never seen a more effective medium than the Internet for creating huge sales volume at such low cost.

I hope this has been helpful and good luck with your website.

Peter

Peter Cutler
                                              Principal / Creative Director
                                              Studio 525

We create results.

wordperfect Scout

Hello, as someone else said, your site is a lot like many others out there, BUT, so are some of the world's top companies!

In so far as SEO is concerned, from my perspective here, much of this is over hype and often a waste of money. To digress a little, we did a survey a few years back, developed a site with an SEO expert, then submitted it to others, internationally, for the opinion and "advice." As we suspected most of the replies were critical of it from an SEO perspective and some of the fees wanted to perform this "magic" were ludicrous.

From a purely personal point of view, I found you site lacked any intimacy, it didn't feel warm, and, again, just me, the Google ads at the bottom suggests a desperate attempt to make money at all costs, which sort of flies in the face of the caring image you should be trying to show. It turned me off.

You said you became involved with a company, so you are something like a distributor right, so do they not give any support to you?

Sure, websites can be advertising, but I like to see them being part of the sales team and so need back up from other forms of targeted local promotional activities. A lot of this you can do yourself without having to get into website engineering, get out into your community, build your company from the street up, remember the maxim; Think global, act local.

Hard work I know but there is no real easy road to business success despite what most of those get Rich Quick websites and others might like you to think.
                                                  YesYouCan Scout
                                                  I'd suggest you start a blog (blogger.com is free) and also write articles (Ezine Articles - also free). You should write articles and blog about the benefits of your product and include how it has helped your life. If you can get someone to write a testimonial to include it also helps a great deal. Don't forget to link back to your website.
                                                      Koalatech Newbie
                                                      I noticed a lot of people trying to sell you their services for development and SEO, which I dont feel is appropriate to what you are asking. For a personal site such as this, I'm assuming you want to keep your costs as low as possible, So adwords and advertising is out also. Here are my suggestions...

First identify several key terms you think people who might be interested in your site would search for. Then, make sure those terms show up in your content. Also, if you can adjust the meta descriptions and the titles to be more appropriate that would help.

Just descriptions and content is not enough to drive people to your site, you need to raise awareness and build up click-backs. There are a ton of free ways you can do this, You already found forum posting, but also, try twitter, facebook and myspace. Build up a network of contacts on those tools and post at least once a week on them with site updates. Be careful though, do not over-post to twitter, if you update every hour with some information about your site, the people following you may unfollow. Remember that when you are their friend or being followed by them, they link to your profile, which links to your site.

There are many other tools to increase traffic and a lot more in depth methods where you will need some assistance, but it doesnt sound like that is what you are looking for at this time. So keep it simple and promote as best you can.

Good luck!
                                                      Discount.Main Newbie
                                                      I do have the same problem as do many ecommerce businesses. The problem is not so much traffic, as I do get a lot of that. The problem is turning the traffic into customers. I get very frustrsted when I look at the site satistics and see how many people have been to my site in any given day, and not one customer. I put ads on craigs list and that brought me a couple customers. I have stop putting ads on face book and twitter, yes you will get some traffic from that source, but no customers. It is very frustrating. I find that most people have Paypal accounts and they feel that paypal is a safe method of payment, for what ever the reason they feel that way. So now I am applying for a paypal merchant account as well as having the regular payment types. I feel that this could be one way of turning visitors to my site, into customers. I would love to be able to set up a search engine with google or Bing, so that I can connect the people who are seaching for products, with the products I have. I tried using goolge products but they are so difficult to understand how to set up, the different procedures. I wish there was some one who could help me to understand how to use any of google products to bring customers to my site. If there is any one who has been successful in doing that, could you share your expertise with me please? I would be very grateful. Thanks!
                                                      Althea
                                                          studio 525 Adventurer
                                                          Hi Discount.Main,
                                                          Congratulations on getting all the traffic you need. That's no small feat. You're half way there.

Your problem of not converting that traffic to buyers is probably the most common problem on the web. But you CAN do it.

Most of our clients come to us with that same problem. We're able to get them an average of 18% online conversions. That means that 18% of all visitors take some direct action on the website that lead to sales. That might be signing up for their email newsletter, signing up for a Seminar, or calling them for a free proposal, consultation or more information. Not all those actions lead to sales, but we're averaging 3% to 6% closed sales depending on the client.

Personally, I've had great luck with Twitter and even online Forums like this one for my business.

The website itself needs to convert and most of that is the job of the content and how it's written. Good website copy must creat trust, build an inimtate bond with your visitors, increase their desire, overcome their objections, and present an irresistible, no-risk offer. It also takes a complete sales system. Most people won't buy the very first time they see your website. So you need to build a list of interested visitors and give them an incentive to return to your website and buy when they're ready.

We have a free e-book you can download from our website explaining in detail how to do this. It's called The Complete Online Selling System: 5 Proven Steps That Turn Your Website Into A Powerful Sales Magnet.
                                                          If you'd like to see it, here's the url:
                                                          http://studio525.com/special_report

Good luck and know that there are many tools and techniques to increase your website conversions and sales. Knowing that it isn't happening right now and looking for answers is the first step in making the changes that will lead to your success.

If I can help out let me know.

Peter

Peter Cutler
                                                          Studio 525

We create results.

studio 525 Adventurer
                                                            Hi Discount.Main,
                                                            It takes some time and effort to place high in Google's search engine for competitive keywords.
                                                            The main thing you want to do is get many inbound links (links taking people to your website) that are on many high quality websites (websites that also have a lot of inbound links and quality content).

Some of Google's useful products are Google Analytics which lets you see where your visitors are coming from, how long they stay on each page, how deep they go into your website, and what percentage convert to actions. Google gives you a short snippet of code that you paste at the bottom of each page on your website. It's extremely useful.

Google Adwords is a Google tool you can use to get first page placement for your website url immediately. But you have to pay for each click. Only one out of eight or ten people will click on an Adwords ad as they prefer organic, non-paid search results. So, if you want your ad to get clicked, you need to write very compelling ads.

You can easily put a Google search box on your website if you want to. But this usually drives traffic away from your website so most people don't do this if they are selling something.

You should optimize your site for Google. That means you want your content to contain the keywords people are using to search for your products or services. You should also have those keywords in your page descriptions, page titles, and metta tags. But it's the quality inbound links and content on your website that will move it up in the search engine ranking.

Of course Social Media Marketing is a great way to increase your traffic. Twitter can be very useful. Twitter is now trying pay per click advertising, in a somewhat similar way to Google Adwords, but the ads are all written as Tweets. It's just starting. The cost is only 3 cents per click, so it's much cheaper than Google Adwords. I pay over $1.00 per click for some of my most competitive keywords to appear on Google's first page, where all the action is.

I hope that helps.

Peter

Peter Cutler
                                                            Studio 525