Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 4:34 PM by curiousity13

Does anyone know a good printing company

secureandsafe Newbie
      I have been in business for the past 2 years and one of my continued problems is finding a good & affordable printing company to handle all my marketing banners, brochures, flyers, mailers and business cards. A location in GA would be great but I'm more than willing to go out of town vor service.
        • Re: Does anyone know a good printing company
          instantv Adventurer
          You may want to go over to vistaprint.com. These guys have been around for years and offer great products along with all kinds of specials almost weekly. You can design your products on thier site using templates, have them assist you while you are designing your products or even have them design your products for you.
          They ship very quickly and you have the right to approve everything before hand.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            nishfund Wayfarer
            I've used uprinting.com. I order 10,000.00 post cards full color and text on both sides for under $400.00. They look great!!
              I have been using vistaprint for a couple of years with great results.

Ron Jones
              http://www.ronjones.zurvita.biz
                eZeeTax Wayfarer
                I recently used gotprint.com for my business cards, they turned out to be pretty decent. The do printing for brochures etc.
                    alexade Newbie
                    Not sure if anyone will be able to answer my question, but I thought this forum was as good a place as any to start.

Hello!

A couple questions for you...
                    a) Are you considering a single-color press or envisioning a multi-color or even full-color product? Trying to print multi-color pieces on a single color press can prove challenging as you try to register each color on the pages.

b) How many pages are you thinking your magazine would be?

And now to provide some insight to your questions:

1) There are any number of ways to approach this - the big factor is going to be budget. You could find an old AB Dick (now Presstek) small-format press for $1000-$2000. Better models are available once you get into the $3k range.

2) With the increasing presence of digital black/white and full-color presses, some of which have book-binding capability built in, it may be more cost-effective to find a print provider that has this type of equipment. Otherwise, you'll need to have all of the following:
                    a) Some means of making printing plates - with AB Dick models, paper printing plates are available that can be made relatively cheaply. I don't remember a lot of specifics about how to make those plates.
                    b) A press. The press will need rollers, ink, blankets, fountain solution, wash-up solvents, etc.
                    c) Some sort of finishing solution - if you wanted to make saddle-stitched (magazine-style) booklets, you'd need a stitcher of some sort. If you were willing to feed manually, you could get a decent manual stitcher for a couple thousand dollars. You would also need a folder to fold all of the sheets in half (tabletop one for a couple thousand dollars would be fine).

3) A copying device with a bookletmaker is going to run tens of thousands of dollars, and can easily run over $100k.

Hopefully that'll be a start for you. I've been working in large commercial print shops for a few years, so I may not have referenced the most economical components for this type of operation, but I think it's a pretty reasonable ballpark - anyone else with more small-format experience is welcome to shoot me down.

Good luck!
                    alexade Newbie
                    Not sure if anyone will be able to answer my question, but I thought this forum was as good a place as any to start.

Hello!

A couple questions for you...
                    a) Are you considering a single-color press or envisioning a multi-color or even full-color product? Trying to print multi-color pieces on a single color press can prove challenging as you try to register each color on the pages.

b) How many pages are you thinking your magazine would be?

And now to provide some insight to your questions:

1) There are any number of ways to approach this - the big factor is going to be budget. You could find an old AB Dick (now Presstek) small-format press for $1000-$2000. Better models are available once you get into the $3k range.

2) With the increasing presence of digital black/white and full-color presses, some of which have book-binding capability built in, it may be more cost-effective to find a print provider that has this type of equipment. Otherwise, you'll need to have all of the following:
                    a) Some means of making printing plates - with AB Dick models, paper printing plates are available that can be made relatively cheaply. I don't remember a lot of specifics about how to make those plates.
                    b) A press. The press will need rollers, ink, blankets, fountain solution, wash-up solvents, etc.
                    c) Some sort of finishing solution - if you wanted to make saddle-stitched (magazine-style) booklets, you'd need a stitcher of some sort. If you were willing to feed manually, you could get a decent manual stitcher for a couple thousand dollars. You would also need a folder to fold all of the sheets in half (tabletop one for a couple thousand dollars would be fine).

3) A copying device with a bookletmaker is going to run tens of thousands of dollars, and can easily run over $100k.

Hopefully that'll be a start for you. I've been working in large commercial print shops for a few years, so I may not have referenced the most economical components for this type of operation, but I think it's a pretty reasonable ballpark - anyone else with more small-format experience is welcome to shoot me down.

Good luck!
                      BtmLineCopy Wayfarer
                      Hi secure, my opinion?

48hourprint.com

Incredible quality, pricing, and fast turnaround. These guys in my opinion are tops in quality!

Check it out!

Brett - Bottom Line Copywriters
                      www.bottomlinecopywriters.com
                        dwrestlingguy Newbie
                        Give out Knockout Media a Try they took care of all my printing and did a great job and they were not that expensive.

424-477-7847

Ask for Don
                          curiousity13 Newbie
                          I use renoprintingforless.com. In my searches I've been unable to beat their prices, and they have the added bonus of being local (for me). The ordering process is all online so I can compare options and price scenarios easily. Quality of printed material is great and I've recieved my orders in a timely fashion.<!--Session data-->