Post a new topic
    14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2009 5:29 PM by cbostdorff

Info please....

cbostdorff Wayfarer
      Does anyone have any names to web pages I can go to to market my business, i am lost in the WEB :_

CJ
        • Re: Info please....
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Info please, Welcome

Who are you?? Where are you?? What kind of business.

The more you share, the better we can help you
            phanio Pioneer
            Are you marketing an online business or a local business? You should start with your own website if you don't already have one.

Business Money Today
              consultingbob Wayfarer
              If you are a traditional business, with a physical location (as opposed to a web-only business) a great place to get started is YellowBot.com. Just search for your listing there to see if they already have you. If they do, you can check the listing and submit a correction if any of the details are out of date/incorrect. If not, then you can submit your own listing to be included.

I've seen that most of their listings tend to be found and included in the top listings on Google quite regularly lately, and the customer reviews & recommendations can give you great exposure for local visitors.

Bob Parker
              Complete Internet Consulting
                Akbar_pk Newbie
                HI,

If you need your own website then I can build an attractive website for just $500(10 pages).

Thanks
                  nishfund Wayfarer
                  PRWEB should be a great place to start. You should visit their web site and see what they have to offer.
                    Howard Adventurer
                    Welcome! What type of industry are you in? If you're involved in a consumer facing type of business there is a website called City Search and you can pay a monthly fee to get listed.
                      Adventurer
                      There are many free local business directory that you should consider to list your business.

YellowPage.com
                      Superpages.com
                      Yahoo Local
                      Google Local
                      MerchantCircle.com

There are also many free local coupons sites other there. However, most of them don't optimized your local business and local promotions.

SmartLocalShopeprs.com is your free resource to post local coupons. They will optimize your local store page like no others. Local shoppers will find your local business and print your local coupons for FREE.

Let me know if you have any question about local coupons marketing. I can help you online and offline.
                          consultingbob Wayfarer
                          Hi LocalShoppers,

You should check out http://YellowBot.com - they include the content of ALL of those other sites in one place, plus their own unique reviews, pictures, vidoes and ratings as well. It's definitely my favorite local search and info site these days and I heard that they were even a finalist in the CNET Webware 100 this year.

Bob Parker
                          Complete Internet Consulting
                              Adventurer
                              Thanks for sharing.

I know that site for a long time. It's not much different than any other local business rating site. There are already too many local site out there.

Google Map, Yelp, Yahoo Local, City Search, YellowPages, SuperPages etc.

The information is overload. I guess this is not related to the current topic in this thread though. :)
                                  consultingbob Wayfarer
                                  > It's not much different than any other local business rating site.

True, I just like them because the have the content from all the others, so it's all in one place. The others don't have anyone else's content. :)

> I guess this is not related to the current topic in this thread though.

Yes and No :) If we're talking about web-based businesses only, then no. If someone is a physical small business reading this, then it is absolutely applicable, because they will want to make sure their business is listed online in as many free places as possible so their customers can find them.

I agree the information is overloaded, which is why it's important to find a site that is relavent, organized and reliable for this type of thing. For example, you could go to someplace like Yelp, but can you rely on it when you hear all this stuff about them taking money to remove bad reviews of businesses? Or would you rather go to a site that has honest reviews/ratings? Heck, half the time these days when I'm looking for businesses on Google, it seems like the search results I do find are the listings from YellowBot anyway, so they must be doing something right. :)
                              cbostdorff Wayfarer
                              Helllo, thank you for the replies. I don't need a website, I guess what I am looking for is a "portal", like the forums in which I can discuss with other business owners, Kind of along the same basis as social networking but for business.

Thanks,
                              Make it a great day...

CJ
                                  vnavguys Tracker
                                  That could be a two week conversation. If you include your site domain, keywords your looking to promote and your basic plan, we could help embellish it. Learning this is a BIG project, so don't get overwhelmed.

Ken
                                    Adventurer
                                    If you are looking for just a portal or social networking space, there are many free social networking sites out there.

1. You can either create a page or group on Facebook and invite your business friend to join.
                                    2. Create a Ning.com social network and invite your business friends to join.
                                    3. Create Yahoo Group and invite your business friends to join the mailing list style conversation.
                                    4. Put up a web site and host the forum yourself.

I think the point I am trying to make is this. If you want to lead the conversations or community in your industry, Why not build the solid foundation at beginning? You will never know where it will take you to. You need to build your personal or business image for long term. Every efforts you put in should have a greater purpose for something good!

For example, 6 months later, your forum have over 500 business owners with so much going on. You will need to grow. You realized that your forum is host on the crappy hosting site with an ugly name and the advertise banners is making the hosting company fortune. It will end up cost you fortune to move and start over.

If you actually end up putting something up, please include me as well. I would love to hear your updates!

Thanks!
                                    cbostdorff Wayfarer
                                    Thaks agian for all the information, i will check out the sites given. My site is sitesires.com. If you wanted to view it and give me feedback and then be able to establish more of an idea of what I am relating to, I would apperciate it. Again it is local and tying to be net based........

Thank You so much for the replies already!

CJ