Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 5:43 AM by DuffyDuck

Starting New Bakery Need Advice/$

Inchargeof3 Newbie

Hello and thank you for taking time to respond.

I have been in the food service business for 20+ years. I have finally found the perfect place to start my own place. I would like to open a Bakery Boutique in a small town ( one the the 10 best towns according to Family Circle) between two major cities. Location is perfect, competition is sparse, and I have the experience and passion to make this work. Business plan is in place and I have apt's with SBA. Problem is money. I can fill the niche and do it well. I just need help getting my foot in the door. I can go on & on, but tell me what you think first. Thanks again...
        • Re: Starting New Bakery Need Advice/$
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Starting New Bakery Need Advice, Welcome

Glad to know that you have both a business plan and an appointment with SBA.

If you need to raise money, you need a business plan.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Starting New Bakery Need Advice/$
            DuffyDuck Newbie
            I found a Great E-Book Online called the "Paydex Smasher" at www.PaydexSmasher.com It has a TON of info on how to Establish Business Credit without spending a Bunch of Money!

I didn't have a lot of Money and my Credit wasn't as high as it used to be from carrying all the business debt on my personal credit in the beginning. But within about a month and a half I started seeing approvals for business credit cards and loans. I even was able to get an equipment lease instead of having to buy everything cash like I was used to doing. The best part was, I actually learned what goes into building business credit and applying for business loans.

Hope it helps you as much as it did me :)

Mick