Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 2:41 PM by ibelieveinme

my business is still just an ides - what now??

ibelieveinme Newbie
      Good Morning All!!
      I have a great idea for a business in my hometown. Right now it is an idea and I need to know what is next. Years ago I opened a preschool in my church but did not have to really worry about the financial aspect - just the daily runnings of the school.
      Now I have a business idea that I want to bring to life. HOW DO I DO THAT??
      All you entrepenaurs out there - can you help me?
      Regards,
      Suzanne
        • Re: my business is still just an ides - what now??
          LUCKIEST Guide
          my business is still just an idea, Welcome Suzanne

If I had an idea for a business, I would do TWO things.

One, Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE

Two, Develop both a business and marketing plan (and yes SCORE can help)

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              ibelieveinme Newbie
              Luckiest,
              thanks for the tip on SCORE - went on the site briefly and requested a mentor. Looking forward to really looking into that site - it seems as if it is just packed with ideas and tips and links, so thank you for that.
              Do you know about JIAN - it is features on the Home page of this site. After reading that story about software to complete a Business Plan, I am wondering if that would be a good idea.
              Suzanne
              bizcreditfan Wayfarer
              It's hard to know exactly where to start. Following the steps below should help:
              1. Get Incorporated (or become an LLC)
              2. Get Tax ID
              3. Start the process of building strong business credit

With these first 3 things underway you can then start developing the company and moving forward.

Regards,
              Jaime
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                BizOptimizer Adventurer

If you don't know how to start a business, you won't know the complications of keeping it going. You need to have or have access to all aspects of business knowledge to be successful.

Luckiest suggests SCORE is a great place to start - SBDC's are also an SBA thing and they have many resources and are paid to help you. They will hold your bike while you start. But you are going to have to ride mostly alone one day - so make those connections as you go.

It is very hard to know what you don't know - until you do know. Good luck!