Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2009 10:42 AM by GinaWilliams

How do i get  customers?

pavaomg25 Newbie
      Hy everyone i have a smal cleaning company licenced and insured, i'm trying to get commercial account, where i can advertise or how?

• Re: How do i get  customers?
          piranimg Newbie
          Hi Pavaomg25:

There are a lot of ways to "Advertiste" your business. There is no magic trick that will get you clients. It's a process that you have to be dedicated to. Here are some Ideas on how to increase your list of clients:

1) Create a Simple Website that lists your services and if possible pricing and how to contact you (Don't worry about all the hype of internet adveritising, your clients are not International clients, you need to start getting clients right now, think about growing later in the future)

2) Create business cards (Remember, quality not quantity) Spend a little bit of money and have "Professional" looking cards printed.

3) Get a list of prospective clients, call them, and find out who the Office Manager is. Now write a letter to the office manager, and introduce yourself to them and the services you offer. In the closing of the letter, setup a time to call them (i.e. I will call you on Monday, April 20th, 2009 at 1:30pm to discuss how we can help you meet your needs) Put in a business card and mail it out. Make sure you direct them to your website in the letter and the website is listed on your business card as well.

4) Call them at the time you said you would. Listen to their needs, explain to them why you are the better bet. Most importantly DO NOT bash your competition or the services you currently use. Try closing them over the phone, if not set up a meeting with them and close the deal!

Other means of advertising:

• Create postcards (professional designed and printed) and use direct mail as an option
          • The best form of Advertising is Word of Mouth! If you have any current clients, ask them to reffer business your way and in turn offer them a discount for each client they reffer that signs with you.
          • Join your local Chamber of Commerce and actually attend Networking events. You'll be amazed how much business you can pick up by just talking to people and telling them what you do!

If we can help you with anything at all, please feel free to shoot me an email. My Company, Pirani Marketing Group, specializes in creating Marketing Plans, Creating the marketing collateral (postcards, business cards, websites, etc), and most importantly tracking results. You can email me at

Good Luck!
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Nadia09 Newbie
            Hi P,

Your advise is good, however, I would like to know more about SEO & SEM. Do you know of any results driven search engine optimization and marketing companies that are affordable to small business owners? I created my own website and it is currently on the internet, however, I'd like to get more exposure (other than the word of mouth and handing out flyers & business cards methods that I am currently using). I think internet search engine placement is absolutely necessary if I expect my website ( to generate any business for me. If you can, please take a look at my website and tell me what you think -- next week I'll join my local Chamber of Commerce. Any additional info you can offer is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
                piranimg Newbie
                Hi Nadia:

I've had numerous clients ask me "How can people find me on the internet?" or the infamous, "How Do I get my site on Google?." I wish the answer was as simple as 1-2-3. But I will do my best to tell you what I tell my clients (which normally takes numerous sessions and meetings) in the next few lines.

The first thing you have to work on is your website. I looked at your site. I must say that it is a Good looking site, however, there is always room for improvement. Now with out trying to bore you with the technicalities of how the search engines work, I will give you some quick tips to help you!

Create a Sitemap
                • Create a sitemap for your webpage and upload it to Google - Visit ; once there, enter your website address and it will then create a sitemap for your site. Save this file and upload it to your website
                • Next, goto and create a profile for your site. It will ask you where your sitemap is located. direct it to (maybe different in your case)
                • GREAT! Now your site has been submitted to Google for what is known as Indexing! - Google will now send out a "Spider" to crawl through your site and include it in the Google Index

Content Is King
                • Today's search engines will crawl your site and look for certain keywords based on how they are presented. For example a word that is repeated numerous times and is always in Bold, may be a keyword that Google will use to identify your site. Add original and valuable content to your site. Place page titles and article titles within a heading tag (i.e. <h1>Home</h1>)
                • Search engines like fresh content - I noticed that you had a section on your site for news... consider updating that page at least 3 - 4 times a week.

Link it up!
                • Ask other websites to link to your page as often as possible. For example if there is a mortgage broker you work with, ask them to link to your website. In turn you offer links back to their sites
                • If you ever post anything (such as on this forum), be sure to include your website link in the message. Normally forums are crawled by search engines and when they see a link to your site from a popular site (such as this one), they believe that content is important and move it up in the engines

Again Nadia, this is a very QUICK way of explaining the process. My company, Pirani Marketing Group (, and I work with numerous clients to help the create strategies, implement the plan, and most importantly track and analyze the results. If I can be of ANY help, please feel free to email me at

Good Luck!
                    Nadia09 Newbie
                    You have been most helpful and I really appreciate your taking the time to explain how I CAN approach this myself. Again, I really appreciate your generosity in sharing this info. with me. I will definitely follow-up with you when I'm in a position to go to the next level. Thanks again!!!!!
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  How do i get customers, Welcome

Who are you?? Where are you??

Piranimg gave you some good answers. it sounds like you need both a business and marketing plan.

SCORE can help and SCORE is FREE
                    GinaWilliams Newbie
                    Biz Ad would be a perfect way to advertise for your cleaning company! The internet is a fabulous advertising tool and you should definitely make use of it. Biz Ad Splash is a simple advertising site that I have been using to promote my art work and paintings online--but it also accomodates to ANY form of business you are looking to introduce to the web! Best of luck! Let me know what you think.