Post a new topic
    14 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 3:39 PM by emagid

Needing feedback on new website

MadmanSigns Wayfarer
      Hello,

I'm looking for feedback on my new website, What do you think? Easy to navigate? Nice Looking? Let me know

www.madmansigns.com pulls up really good on google

Madman Signs & Reproductions, Inc.
        • Re: Needing feedback on new website
          britts425 Newbie
          It is very easy to follow. The only thing I would suggest is putting your full address under your business hours if you are trying to get people to visit your location and making the text on the right side a little bigger. Other than that the navigation and overall design is really good.
            RJANOLA78 Newbie
            Hello,
            I'm a graphic artist and I think it's too much reading, and there aren't enough pictures. The low quality and content of your pictures are holding your image back. Look at your competition, what does their site look like (I hate to say it) Fedex Kinko's, and other top sign companies in your area. When I started my clothing website I looked at all the companies I wanted to rival, and took elements from their site that I liked. Just remember lots of pictures, and get rid of all the text it's too much to read.

Rhonda
              aljimenez Newbie
              Hello,

My name is Al and I'm the owner and marketing director of Proactivo Creative Communications, a virtual advertising and marketing firm. I took a quick look at you site and basically it's fine. I would if I was you put a contact link on every page. You want to interact with as many people as possible. If your operation can't maintain a chat link simple put in an email link.I'm in the process of added such links to my site. www.proactivo.biz I would also add a few interesting visuals to your pages. You need to collect email address so that you can start creating a marketing list for your html email campaign. Let me know if you need any help.
                Wayfarer
                Curious, "pulls up really good on Google for what?"

ileneb
                  Wayfarer
                  Curious, "pulls up really good on Google for what?"

ilene
                    Yakimova Adventurer

Pros:

1. Easy to navigate

Cons:

1. No address - Instead of saying what city and state the store is located at provide the actual address. I know you have it under Contact but it's better to put the address in the home page as well.
                    2. The font is too big and gray (why isn't black?)

Overall it's a good site. How did you get it to be first on Google? What did you use? Just curious.
                      I.M.C. Newbie

Very nice website. If you list more about sevices that would be some help. You may drive extra business if you can figure out how to add a price list. This may save some people time.

IMC
                        MadmanSigns Wayfarer
                        Thank you all for the good input. I will take all of it into considerations and make some changes to the website shortly. And as far as having it pull up on google not sure how i got it to pull up number one and also when typing in the actual web address on google it finds it pretty fast. Unlike yahoo have to search a few pages for it.

Madman Signs
                            Wayfarer
                            What I was asking in terms of Google is, what do you come up for? For example if someone queries madman signs, I would expect that you show up on page one. This is great for people who already know who you are.

But to capture the people who are looking for your services but don't know you yet, you might want to wok on optimizing for signs montgomery il or car wrap montgomery il.

See the difference?

Hope that helps,
                            ileneg
                              Yakimova Adventurer
                              You are lucky because nobody uses Yahoo and MSN to search anymore... Hahaha!

Google is the best search engine and your website is number one on the list. However, I agree that you need to use keywords describing the services you're offering and not only the name of your company because not too many people know it yet. All and all the website is good, just change the text size to 11pt or 12pt and make it black, put better quality pictures and you'll have a pretty nice and professionally looking website :)
                                emagid Newbie
                                If you want it to appear on Yahoo organic search results you may want to submit it. Also, have you considered optimizing your site so that it appears on the search results when people type in "signs and advertisements" or similar keywords? I suppose that would be a next step. For web design and development tips you can visit: http://www.emagid.com/pages/web-design-and-web-development
                                cutcomp Wayfarer
                                I liked it. It communicated clearly what your business does, it was easy to navigate. You indicated it does well with Google as well--so it sounds like you've got a winner.

Ed Priz
                                ADVANCED INSURANCE MANAGEMENT LLC

p.s.

I wouldn't mind a little reciprocal feedback on our site as well--www.cutcomp.com. We do well with Google also, but I'm always looking for feedback on ease of navigation and also on how it dispslays on different monitors, browsers, etc. Thanks.
                                  8acompany Wayfarer
                                  a few comments suggestions....
                                  • Define your target audience - speak to them in plain simple language
                                  • Make the text left justified, centered is not professional
                                  • Text is too large a font - use Verdana 11 regular
                                  • Alphabetize the lists but break them up into classifications to correspond with the graphics categories.
                                  • Wording on the website needs to be from the client's POV - Ask questions, get people engaged with wanting to contact you?
                                  • Have a prominent feedback box on pages - I can recommend two tools - www.webpasties.com and Coffeecup Form Builder - www.coffeecup.com
                                  • Less wording is best... make short 1-2 sentence paragraphs
                                  • Offer a special report to collect client names
                                  • Add meta tags to increase search engine optimization