Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 12:59 AM by kanders

dba vs. corporation

kanders Newbie
      I STARTED MY BUSINESS AS A DBA SIGNED A LEASE FOR MY BUSNESS CAN I NOW TURN IT INTO A CORPORATION AND PROTECT MY PERSONAL ASSETS ? IF I CAN'T MAKE THE LEASE PAYMENTS?
        • Re: dba vs. corporation
          alanda07 Newbie
          Did you get my reply?
            skydalimit Wayfarer
            Yes you can, and i can help you incorporate/build business credit to be able to finance your business without personal credit, and build your website all for just one price of $1000 have any questions please email me at:
            skydalimit1@gmail.com

Ricardo "Sky Dalimit" Pierre
              cutcomp Wayfarer
              You can certainly switch your business to a Corporation or LLC anytime you wish. However, that won't change the terms of the lease you entered into as an individual. You could ask if your landlord is willing to rewrite the lease, in effect cancelling the lease with you as an individual and replacing it with a new one between the landlord and your corporation, but that would be up to the landlord. I suspect he or she would be reluctant to do so, precisely for the reasons that you might find it attractive--the ability for the new entity to default on the lease without the landlord having recourse against you personally. Unless the new corporation has sufficient assets and credit history to reassure the landlord, I suspect the landlord would be reluctant to accomodate you. If your positions were reversed, I think you might feel the same.

Even on renewal, the landlord may well be reluctant to enter into a contract with your new corporation without receiving some kind of personal guarantee. Again, you might well feel the same were you in the landlord's position.
              • BUSINESS EXPERIENCE WITH GLOBAL FINANCIAL CORP.
                kanders Newbie
                HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY CALLED GLOBAL FINANCIAL CORPORATION AND IF SO HOW WERE THEY? THEY SAY THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1990 AND THERE OUT OF FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA.