Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2009 12:57 PM by phanio

Where can I get a manufacturer?

RainZare Newbie
      Hello all,

This is my second time posting in this forum, but I always visit and read questions other members have asked and found the answers quite helpful.

I have wanted to open an gift and wedding favors store and I am a bit confused about manufacturing. I have everything together design and concept wise, but I am sure I'll need a company to produce the goods. I need some guidances on where I should choose a manufacturer. If someone knows a link or a book that can enlighten me, I'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
        • Re: Where can I get a manufacturer?
          puzzleman Tracker
          RainZare, I am a maufacturer of wooden items for the gift and childrens arenas. If you would like to discuss more, email me at jim@hollowwoodworks.com.

Jim
            phanio Pioneer
            Are you actually looking for someone to make products you design or a wholesaler who already has products that you want to get and re-sale in your store?

If looking for a manufactuer - to produce products that you design - you should search for trade organizations around your product offerings. You can do the same for wholesalers.

Most trade organizations list both manufacturers and wholsalers - those that belong to the organziation and should be fairly legit to work with.

Business Money Today
                RainZare Newbie
                I am looking for a manufacturer to make products that I design. But I'll search for trade organizations like you've advised.
                    phanio Pioneer
                    Great -

try some of these organizations - really look through their website for information and don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call them - this is what these organziations are about - promoting their trade in all ways possible:

www.manufacturers.com.tw/*gifts*/*Wedding*-Favor.html
                    www.nam.org/
                    www.mbausa.org/
                    www.fgmarket.com/*Wedding*-Supplies/*Wedding*-Favors/

Just remember to do your homework on the company before signing any agreements.

Best of Luck