Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2009 2:13 AM by vistasad

STARTING UP A CLEANING BUSINESS.......

ccoyle84 Newbie
      What is the best way to advertise my company as a cleaning business????
        • Re: STARTING UP A CLEANING BUSINESS.......
          Bluesuit Adventurer

One suggestion I have is to take a look around you - how are your competitors advertising in your area? Also, are you focused on residential or business cleaning?
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            phanio Pioneer
            Lots of very effective ways. Directly mailings to neighborhoods - flyers - yard signs - knocking on doors (especailly effective for commercial cleaning).

Business Money Today
              Generation4 Adventurer
              Have you considered aligning yourself with like businesses, so getting to know painters, gardners, etc..this way they can recommend your company to their existing clients? And you can help them too, if you secure business first.
                natures_maid Newbie
                Hello I am starting a cleaning business my self, and depends which type of cleaning services you had. I\t is janitorial or residential? This are two different clienteles. Let me know maybe we can help each other
                    ccoyle84 Newbie
                    Well starting out wise: residential because I still have a regular job. I hope to move to commercial cleaning in the near future as well when I can quit my current job and focus on my business. I tried free advertising with facebook page but it kept messing up and was too complicated and wouldnt publish my page even though I uploaded a picture & put information about my business on there. Every time I logged in, it asked me if I wanted to create a facebook page!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to do free advertising for now since I just started my business beginning of April.
                    vistasad Adventurer
                    The way I look at it you are moving into a competitive situation, others are already doing the job.
                    Unless householders are unhappy with curreent serivice providers thay are not going to change.

So there are three ways of generating business
                    1. Cur prices but this will damage you in the long run unless you are able to cut costs.

2. Knocking out competition which is not doing a good job. You will have to find out first who is doing a bad job.

3. doing cleaning jobs for people who have not been using such services. This can be done through promotional efforts e.e. do one job free. This may be cheaper than putting out fliers and bill boards.

Gather intelligence about the area through gardners, newspaper delivery boys etc. A face to face meet is worth a lot, and always leave your business card.
                    A business card should not be a single leaf, make it double leaf with details about your business.

http://www.vistasad.com
                      vistasad Adventurer
                      The way I look at it you are moving into a competitive situation, others are already doing the job.
                      Unless householders are unhappy with curreent serivice providers thay are not going to change.

So there are three ways of generating business
                      1. Cur prices but this will damage you in the long run unless you are able to cut costs.

2. Knocking out competition which is not doing a good job. You will have to find out first who is doing a bad job.

3. doing cleaning jobs for people who have not been using such services. This can be done through promotional efforts e.e. do one job free. This may be cheaper than putting out fliers and bill boards.

Gather intelligence about the area through gardners, newspaper delivery boys etc. A face to face meet is worth a lot, and always leave your business card.
                      A business card should not be a single leaf, make it double leaf with details about your business.

http://www.vistasad.com