Post a new topic
    17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 9:11 AM by onpurpose

Where is the Faith?

JstWanaLrnBiz Newbie
      Where are all the sound,solid Young businsess people? I mean, i understand that the economy is rough but seriously, i thought being an enterpaneur was about making "magic" happen in any giving moment.

Its like a parent that dosent clean up beacuse they're to much kids around....Who is the one in control, here?The kids? ha! Sike..

Dont let the economy control your business

Ther're people out their that can hold thier business up with "stick glue and duck tape" and still generate their desired income...All i am saying is where is the faith?
        • Re: Where is the Faith?
          Generation4 Adventurer
          Good to be optimistic. We definitely need more positive news and optimism.
            looking4you Wayfarer
            Faith ........ hhhmmm..... When we are hearing on the news that the government is leaning towards a consolidation of powers, and global economy.... that means that there is no faith that the American taxpayers will be able to pay back what America has "borrowed". No Faith.

And why should there be any faith? Health, Wealth, and Wisdom has replaced Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

IF..... (or should I say, when), the dollar(that exists because the government DECLARES it into existance) loses any value.... how would you want to be paid??....... Gold, maybe....?

And as for "good news" and "optimism"..... I'd give it all up, just to know what's true. Good news and optimism is government regulated too.... Just like your "government approved" eduction via Department of Education.

And, I've said too much already.... But... Really, there isn't much else going on, on this forum... I'm just responding with the first thing on the tip of my tongue.... It may not interest anyone.
                DomainDiva Ranger
                There is not a lot going on in the Forum anymore because it has mostly become a trash basket for those begging for money, free ad copy, free ideas, free work, free search assistance ad nauseum. I am continually amazed at the questions people ask that can be answered by using a search engine.
                    onpurpose Adventurer
                    Why don't you report more posts as inappropriate? Seems to me that venting here isn't really productive. You have an opportunity to be part of the solution - exercise your discretion wisely.

Be On-Purpose!

Kevin
                        Iwrite Pioneer
                        Sadly, the posts that Domain Diva mentioned are not really inappropriate. I don't think anyone believed that there would be this volume of posts asking for funding or something else for free.

The idea of this forum is a great one but so the application has taken a turn.

Now, to this "faith" question. Some of us are living off nothing but faith right now. And not to be negative but strong faith does not come through good times, it is the struggling and fighting that strengthens faith.

Look at the members who answer questions each day, give advice or simply welcome members aboard without peddling their products or services - they show great faith that this forum can be more than what it currently is. Those of us who take a little time out of our busy day to sit down and read through the posts to see if we can be of some kind of help, that's faith. I prefer to show you my faith than to tell you about it.

There are some must read posts on this forum for anyone that is trying to run a business that show great faith. Dig back into the older posts, there are some real gems waiting to be discovered.

There is plenty of faith here, maybe, we don't recognize it because it doesn't look how we think it should.

derek
                          DomainDiva Ranger
                          I don't vent. I state facts. If that is venting then you may need to rethink or re-acquaint yourself with the definition.

I DO report inappropriate posts, those that advertise illegal goods and those that show up under different user names and perform all manner of forum harassment.

Perhaps you need to be proactive as well, offering solutions instead of telling others what they need to do.

Oh and as far as being productive, I took a little break from my mobile app development.....
                              onpurpose Adventurer
                              Please forgive the offense DomainDiva! I want to be a postive contributor. I fell prey to the same trap. Neither of us answered the JstWanaLrnBiz's original question. Onward!

Faith in business is similar to the faith farmers have. You find the land, till the soil, plant the seeds, cultivate and care for the growth, and hope there is a harvest - a bountiful harvest. Some seasons (business cycles) are better than others. A long term view of good times and bad times helps provide a measure of assurance that sticking to fundamentals make a difference and works well.

Be On-Purpose!

Kevin
                                  DomainDiva Ranger
                                  You will find in this forum that many threads become conversational, just as they would during an email or phone exchange. That does not mean we are 'off purpose'.
                                      onpurpose Adventurer
                                      You're the Diva! If you say so, it must be! No argument here. : )

Still I would love to read your response to the original question posted. That would be on-purpose.
                                          DomainDiva Ranger
                                          As you wish:

Where are all the sound,solid Young businsess people? I mean, i
                                          understand that the economy is rough but seriously, i thought being an
                                          enterpaneur was about making "magic" happen in any giving moment.

DIVA: There are not any SOLID young business people out there that I can see. All I see and hear is about young entrepreneurs who think they are the next Gates or Jobs and insist that everthing be handed to them on a silver platter. Business Plan??? Oh no I am 18 I don't need one just give me money and a reference to your investor. Making magic happen in any moment? Please magic takes sometimes years of hard work. Making the magic happen means waking up at 2AM worried about the AMEX bill or the fact that your software architect is working 18 hours a day and slave driving gthe rest of the team and the funding has run out.

Its like a parent that dosent clean up beacuse they're to much kids
                                          around....Who is the one in control, here?The kids? ha! Sike..

DIVA: This makes no sense to me at all...I am wondering why it was included.....

Dont let the economy control your business

DIVA: Oh thats a rich one. When the people that OWE you money don't get paid and can't pay you. Giving this SAGE piece of advice with nothing to back it up except don't let the economy control your business??? Is this person SELF employed? I wonder.

Ther're people out their that can hold thier business up with "stick
                                          glue and duck tape" and still generate their desired income...All i am
                                          saying is where is the faith?

DIVA: Faith doesn't pay the bills, hard work and earning money pays the bills. Getting out of bed each day and looking for new business and keeping it going is what it's all about. Faith does not do a thing for you. I have faith that if I keep working like a field hand through this tough economy I will make it, thats where the FAITH IS.

There are a lot of wanna be business people that have no idea what it takes, no idea of the sacrifice, sleepless nights...jumping on airplanes on a moments notice...the hey dude biz types that want to know you but who could not provide a reference for a toddlers bicycle race.

NOTE: I bet all of your friends wish you would stop with the on purpose thing and I am sure you are sorry that I answered instead of just having a conversation. Trust me on this.
                                              jsignshop Wayfarer
                                              I am not real young but 30 & this is my 5th year in business. I get up every day & go to work 11 hrs a day & do what I can to keep my business going. I have done well so far groing from selling in my driveway after a back injury that would no longer allow me to the job in flooring that i was doing at the time to a 5,000 sf shop of my own & from no customers to customers in multiple countries. I have now found myself loosing control of my business do to lack of know how in running something like this & I feel it is getting away from me. But I still get up every day & go do my best. That is my faith & that is why I am here for the faith in others that do care & might be able to give me thier stories or advice to help me for nothing more than knowing they helped.
                                                  onpurpose Adventurer
                                                  Hi Kevin,

I checked out your web site. It is a bit slow to load but certainly creates an exciting vibe with the flash presentation. For a guy who "doesn't know what he is doing" you seem to be doing a few things well. Can you give some further insight as to why you feel you are losing control of the business? Is it financial, personnel, and overwhelming amount of diverse tasks - what is it?

Chances are you are not delegating well or outsourcing tasks that others can do better and faster than you. Sounds like you are a hands on kinda guy with a strong work ethic. There's a pattern there with entrepreneurs where they feel like they have to be able to everything themselves. Find the areas of the business that are most annoying to you - have someone else do them. This will free you up and help you get back a measure of control.

By the way, I'm in the Orlando area. We're far apart but still in FL.

Be On-Purpose!

Kevin
                                                      jsignshop Wayfarer
                                                      Hi Kevin, Thanks for responding. I feel like I am loosing sometimes because of mainly finacial we work & work & still no money. our prices are compatible & we have work everyday. It was going well for years we were living comfortably & the business was growing, now i feel like we are getting disorganized & jobs are getting finished past deadline. Employees are feeling the rath of our fustrations, I can see it in thier actions & everyone is in a bad mood most of the time. I hate that I want to run a functional yet enjoyable place to work. I just can't figure out where I am going wrong. You make some good points though we do do alot inhouse maybe too much. gives me something to think about. Thanks!
                                                          onpurpose Adventurer
                                                          Hi jsignshop,

If I can help you - no charge - download the On-Purpose Development Tools 101 and 102 from my website. Email or fax them back to my office and I'll give you 30 minutes or so of business advisory services. No string attached. It is something I've done for years for entrepreneurs.

Be On-Purpose!

Kevin
                                                          www.onpurposebusiness.com
                                                        DomainDiva Ranger
                                                        As long as you continue to hit it hard each and every day you will make some progress. I have had to scale back in many many areas....but I am still going strong...maybe with not as much 'weight' but certainly with that FAITH that the only thing to do is to keep going. Sitting on the sidelines or in the middle of the road and whining about how bad everything is does not make for a successful life.

If you need any advice on your business post the questions on the forum, we are willing to help and give advice to those who are in the business of being in business.
                                        david_aa Adventurer
                                        positive thinking and support of close people is something that can help anyone to grow up even in such difficult economy situation. as to magic in any giving moment.. i think some people are born to be magicians in business, some don't have such talent and economy crisis probalby can help to understand one have to do something else..just instant thoughts.
                                          LUCKIEST Guide
                                          Where is the Faith??, Welcome

How soon do you plan on opening your business??