Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 5:05 PM by winner1

Suggestions for growing a home-based business.

winner1 Newbie
      I have a home based business which is a salon. A hair salon that is four years young in its existence. In the last year, I have seen a significant drop in appointments. Most if not all of my customers are mothers, so they put getting their hair done on the back burner. I can totally understand this because I am a mother, but it doesn't help me at all businesswise. I would like any suggestions that you may have to build and retain customers
      A little about me: I am a twenty year veteran of the hair industry, I am well versed, in that I can service a multi- ethnic clientelle, I attend trade shows and classes to stay abreast of what's going on in the industry, and I pride myself in the product that I put out.
      At the beginning of the year, I started doing contract work at a nursing facility two days out of the week. I absolutely love it! I somewhat love doing this better than working in the salon, because I feel like what I am doing for them is more appreciated and needed. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I have brought in an extra 800-1,000+ in eight weeks. It's not a whole lot, but the work is so gratifying.
      Now back to the salon, are there any suggestions as to what I can do to attract and retain customers. Should I only do contract work? I really need help.
      I am thinking about sending coupons to my clients that they can use throughout the year- sort of like how Chick-fil-A does with their calendars. This would help customers save money on the services they request the most. What do you think?