Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2009 10:37 PM by consultingbob

Merchant Services

Gberry Wayfarer
      Hello All,
      I have a small home based mural business and I am rapidily expanding, I would like to offer my clients the ability to pay me with a credit card.
      Most programs charge you a fee to use them. I need to be able to send an invoice and receive payment in a secure way, but I don't want to be locked in to a monthly fee, most of my clients pay me by check so I don't need the service all the time.

Anyone has any ideas, suggestions and/or experience in this matter.

thank you,

gberry
        • Re: Merchant Services
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Merchant Services, YES Grethel

I do have a suggestion. Contact Barry at amspcs.

He has experience and will help you.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Merchant Services
            consultingbob Wayfarer
            Gberry,

People may laugh at this, but I will honestly tell you that I highly recommend PayPal every day to small businesses for exactly this sort of situation.

You can setup the account with them for free. For a small fee, you can validate your account so that it is verified as a Premium Merchant account. You will have a merchant account available online to accept all types of credit cards, e-checks and other online payments that you could ever possibly want for very reasonable fees.

There are no long term contracts - no contracts at all. You only pay when you actually have a transaction and the fees are reasonable. You also get built in merchant tools for invoicing, shipping calculations, eBay sales, a linked Visa debit card, and all the other standard features of a regular PayPal account.

Best of all, you are giving your clients/customers a choice. They can choose how they want to pay you, whether it be by credit card, check or instant PayPal account transfer. You might end up saving money overall, if they already have a PayPal account themselves, and you will end up not having to pay for credit card transactions at all.

Good luck!

Bob Parker
            Complete Internet Consulting