Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2009 4:09 PM by HomeOffice

How to Start Your Own Home-Based Business

HomeOffice Newbie
      Hi, I just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone. My company is Home Office Management Experts...for the past 20 years I have helped others start and operate their own home-based business. Most people think that working from home is easier than working for some one else...well, it is and it isn't. It takes a certain type of person to make a home-based business successful. My experience has shown me that you need to have entrepreneurial characteristics to make it happen for yourself and to keep the momentum going...what are these traits? Well, to begin with, you need to be an independent thinker and worker; if you are the type that needs to have people around to motive yourself, then this isn't for you. You've got to get up in the morning and hit the floor running...Rise and Shine is my motto! You've also got to be a risk taker - make a list of the things you are risking: time, money and energy...how much of each of these things are you risking? If you can handle these numbers, then go for it. Now you need to figure out what you are going to do and how your are going to take it to the markeplace....what do you know of the industry? what do you know about these consumers? what do you know about pricing? There is much to think about..so getting the right education on these issues is super important. I offer an nationwide, online course, and a recently produced DVD on "How to Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business" through my website, so visit me at: www.thehome-office.com Thanks and we'll talk soon, Helene