Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2007 1:45 PM by MTCreations

How do you outsource your website design for pennies on the dollar?

CCIGroup Newbie
      I'm looking to expand my business and I need to know the reason why should I spend top dollars if I can outsource the same website design?Webhosting? Advertising? etc...for less. I'm a small business owner like you and every one now days is chipping away from our profit margin... Now How do I outsource my website design? etc... Is it worth it? I'm a small business trying to survive in a shark infested water... just trying to survive like any other small business. Thank you all for your sincere help.
        • Re: How do you outsource your website design for pennies on the dollar?
          azaccessories Newbie
          Dear, Just go to yahoo.co.in (this is yahoo India web site) and search for website devolpers make sure you just search india search only and go from their it will be lot cheap and relibale too.
            DomainDiva Ranger
            We use Websitetoolbox.com. for all of our fourums and they also design for 15.00 per hour instead of 75.00 per hour. All of their prices are on the site you can see what you are paying for up front...and they take credit cards.

They are very good at what they do.
              Pendrake Newbie
              You get what you pay for. See this post for some ideas:
              http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2007/10/how-to-create-1.html

Also, look at getting a free content management system, like Expression Engine or Joomla or Drupal and building the site yourself from templates. Have fun.
                wealthpro Wayfarer
                I have used http://www.guru.com and http://www.efreelancer.com in the past with great success.

You create an account and post your job. Within a short time you will have bids from all over the world. I have had logo design, graphic work and web site/shopping cart design and programming done from people that I have found on these sites.
                  AsiaAgro Newbie

As you can see from other responses there are many cheap ways to get your website designed in India or Asia for "pennies on the dollar" compared to doing it in the States. I have used elance.com for small business applications and have been quite pleased (their rating system for service providers is very good). I have also referred people to Elance for creating websites. However, it seems to me that you are after a turn key solution - website design, website (and perhaps data) hosting, and other potential services (monitoring, security, hosted applications, e-mail, etc.) For a solution like this I would suggest you use a company that can provide comprehensive services. Alternatively you can outsource the web design and then outsource the hosting through a data center - but this means managing different outsourced relationships and doing quite a bit of due dilligence.

The main issues to ensure that you are happy with what you pay for is that you:

>Have a budget ready and clearly know, and can describe, the services you need / want;

>Have specific ideas about the design or feel you want for the website and any interactive tools you want included on the site;

>Make sure the service provider is willing to collaborate with you during the process to avoid negative surprises

>Make sure an agreement is in place that clearly specifies the payment terms, responsibilities, and measures for success of the services or project

If you'd like the name of one or more companies that provide comprehensive IT/IS solutions in Asia, I'd be happy to provide this. Otherwise, I hope this helps.

Good Luck,
                  AsiaAgro
                    MeGaHW Newbie
                    We outsourced part of our websites development and we are very happy that we did. It saved us a lot of money. And we got websites that we are completely satisfied with. So why not? It just takes a little time, effort and luck to find the right company/engineer to work with you. You can take a look at our websites:

Our corporate website:
                    www.ixporter.com

Our shopping website:
                    www.megahomeandwedding.com
                      Adventurer
                      Short answer - it's NOT the same. Your assumption is that all web designers/developers offer the same skills, knowledge and experience, and some of us charge too much (the ones that know what they are doing) while others charge pennies on the dollar. It's a commodity, anyone can do it, right?

Do you pay pennies on the dollar for your accountant or lawyer? Do you pay pennies on the dollar on your food? Would you buy roast beef for 39 cents a pound? Or would you be suspicious that something just isn't right.

Elance is the refuge of the 3rd rate (and 3rd world) developer, who can't get work other than via low-ball and low-quality tactics.

People who think they are getting a value rarely understand all the work that goes into a quality website - proper coding (no one ever gets this one), optimized graphics, ease of maintenance, search engine friendliness, as well as on-going support and help that's not half-way around the globe. And I've looked at the sites mentioned here as examples of 'quality' elance work - and I stand 100% behind my statement. There's even a few threads (the Dog Supplies site is one I recall) that talk about this very issue - elance developer ripping off a business owner.

You do get what you pay for, and if it's cheap enough, you can go through the laborious process again and again, wasting months (years!) of time and frustration (and yes, money), while your smart competition hires a real pro who builds them a great website that provides an actual return on investment (money made, time saved, etc).

Your choice.
                        fili98 Newbie

there's 2 ways to get a website pay a big pro (lots of expenses business to make one) or find what you have in the market for less a friend get a simple website for 700.00 I'm self employee (weight loss office) and I do websites for friends here the sample:

http://www.hmaidservice.com/

what I do is ask the person to chose a template and I fill the information of your business (is really easy to do) and if you want accept credit cards you need to open an account in paypal (is the way to make business in E-bay)and put the buttons in your site and you receive the reedits in you checking account

here the page with the templates and for a while the domain name is with no cost (is kind a trial with no expiration date)

http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?product=sites&af_id=87068444&gclid=CIu_wKW9wZACFUtyOAodECewXg

let me know

yeled98@aol.com