Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 5:41 AM by bisu82

To lunch my product(Pro. Managment Tool) In Indian Market

bisu82 Wayfarer
      Hi All
      As I have posted earlier also regarding my thoughts about my company and also received number of replies .
      *Thanks to all who replied.Now also i need some advise from you people.Now I have just completed one of my software that is the Project Management Tool. I had some clients in UK for this Tool.Now I really want to venture into Indian and other market.*

Here I am giving a Few knowledge about the product:

The tool starts with the observation that most people work within well-defined responsibilities and perform a limited range of tasks and that standardizing and measuring those tasks is the basis for enhancing processes (Six Sigma, CMM).
      Our basic unit of work is the Activity List or Scope of Work, and we attribute standard timings, resource requirements, costs risks and issues to each one. For us, the core of each project is an assembly of predefined activities.
      We call this "Project As A Process": it not only simplifies project inception and resource planning but allows firms to compare performance and continuously improve their processes.
      Project Tracking
      The tool captures progress as it happens, rather than when the Project Manager asks, and makes it visible instantly to every participant.
      Project tracking is the most dispiriting aspect of every project. With enthusiasm already diminished by the delays inherent in planning and approval process, staff now spend too much of their time they in project meetings and conference calls that they want to spend working on delivering the plan. This either causes delays or staff has to perform delivery activities in their own time.
      The tool simplifies the process of progress tracking to a "tick in the box" or a variance request. With its simple mechanism for communicating progress and issues across every project, activities are reduced to a checklist of tasks and progress reporting is instantaneous. When a task is completed, staff just clicks to say it is done and the Quality Assurance function is notified. Or, if there is a problem they request a variance (budget or time) to enable the task to be completed. We also provide Mobile access and SMS access so staff can report back at any time of the day or night, wherever they are and independent of having a computer available.
      Staff, freed from the dead hand of the traditional project management method, can focus on doing the bits of their job they enjoy -- and doing it within normal working hours.
      Managing Projects
      The tool allows PM's to drive projects forward -- not just keep track of progress.
      Too many project managers spend most of their time planning projects, managing budget spreadsheets and phoning around for status updates, with the balance spent in meetings and handling exceptions. Buying a project management tool to get a better-looking dashboard doesn't make much difference to their job.
      By eliminating much of the overhead and tedium of building the plan, allocating resources and progress checking, The tool lets Project Managers focus on delivery.
      Project meetings become shorter and forward-looking; the focus becomes anticipating problems and resolving them before they emerge. With higher morale among staff, "going the extra mile" becomes a possibility for every project.
      Turning BAU Processes into Projects
      The tool is a holistic mechanism for managing a firms resources and measuring their performance.
      Traditionally, projects are treated differently from Business As Usual (BAU) activities. This causes problems in resource planning and deadline setting as getting a clear view of resource availability means looking across 2 or 3 systems, and it's hard to gauge the impact of staff sickness. It also imposes an additional overhead on service management and creates "defect opportunities" through the use of spreadsheets to collect and collate multiple data sources.
      The tool's approach allows BAU processes to be scheduled as BAU Projects alongside all the other projects. We call this "Process as a Project". Not only does this provide status reporting on all the BAU activities, but it also enables firms to impact-assess all resource constraints and accurately cross-charge activities back to budget holders.
      Moreover, The tool as standard provides many of the features that a firm needs to implement BAU processes, including an Asset Database, Service Catalog, Health & Safety Register and activity-based costing with Supplier rate-cards.
      Pricing
      The tool adds value to your business by encouraging everyone associated with a project to collaborate on it.
      Traditional pricing models are "seat-based" or "user-based". Firms have to pay for everyone who accesses the system, irrespective of the value they contribute to the process or the benefit they gain from accessing the data. This makes it very expensive to use project tools.
      Worse, when firms have to cost-justify every seat, it discourages them from deploying the solution to all their staff, clients and contractors. This reduces the overall value of the solution to the firm by preventing it from being used for BAU activities or from becoming an enterprise-wide hub for collaboration, improvement and innovation.
      It also increases the support costs because infrequent users tend to require more help from colleagues or support staff to complete their work on the system.
      The tool pricing is based on a "project-month". Firms pay a fixed price for each month that a project is "Live", irrespective of the number of users who access the service or how frequently they access it.

With no user constraints, firms can open the service up to external resources, allowing contractor, vendor and even client resources to be managed as part of an end-to-end project. Dovetailing their activities with the overall project helps improve the transparency of the entire process. This can become a competitive weapon when bidding to win or retain clients.
      We only charge for "Live" projects: there is no charge for "pending" projects or "completed" projects. This approach encourages firms to load the necessary information into the system to support critical functions such as resource planning or trend-based performance metrics for staff, vendors and contractors.

In summary, the role of the project manager is to provide Oversight: i.e. management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group. The tool helps them to do this by providing Insight into the projects they plan and run: i.e. the ability to see clearly and intuitively into the nature of a complex situation and the ability to understand and find solutions to the problems they encounter

I am expecting Some good suggestion to make it available in all sectors.