Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2009 10:53 AM by britts425

Anyone try Volusion? Rate your experience

msbeautyceo Newbie
      http://www.volusion.com/

I have been shopping around and so far I love their features, service and pricing options. Please let me know it you have tried them or can recommend a strong competitor.

Must have membership levels
      Ability to show buy now buttons on main page
      customer accounts
      great live customer service

Thanks
        • Re: Anyone try Volusion? Rate your experience
          interspirepro Wayfarer
          Not to be biased, but I highly suggest you take a look at what my company publishes: Interspire Shopping Cart http://www.interspire.com/shoppingcart . They will definitely be able to give you the support and features you need. Many software providers will offer online demos so you can get a feel for their interface and see first hand if the software lives up to their claims. I also recommend you try the many ecommerce forums on the Internet and connect with experienced developers as they will be able to give you more insight into the technical pitfalls and nuances of various solutions that may hinder your business down the road.
            onlineretail Newbie
            I have two online stores with Volusion. Plan on being a small fish in a large pond. Our website right now has been down for two days, and we can't get anyone there to tell us what's going on. Two days is forever in Internet time. Our customers can't get to us. Volusion seems more concerned about keeping their problems a secret than with sharing information with customers so we can make informed decisions.

Plan on waiting 20-30 minutes to get your support calls answered, and most answers to our issues have been "I don't know" or "Sorry we can't do that with our system."

It's hard to switch providers once you've built your store with one - you have your site designed, all your product information loaded, your domain names, and your payment processor all linked together at the store. So we suffer along with Volusion now. But I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
                msbeautyceo Newbie
                Thank you so much for the review.
                    amspcs Ranger
                    Glad to have been of help. One final comment I feel may be helpful to the readers of this post.

The issue of 'plan on being a small fish in a big pond' as relates to Customer Service is not an uncommon
                    scenario in the merchant processing industry, which I have been a part of for many years. It is a factor
                    many end users overlook, and pay a steep price for.

What I'm referring to is this: Some merchants are 'big guys'; most of the rest of us are 'small potatoes'.
                    Many providers by choice cater to one of the above or the other, either big guys or small guys, rarely both. The problem is, when small potato merchants select a provider who's primary interest is catering to the big guys, that's a problem. The big-time provider will be more than happy to take the little guy's money, but the little guy can basically forget about getting any customer service or support

There is nothing wrong with being a 'small' business--that's the backbone of American business. But for goodness sakes, select a provider that caters to YOUR type of business, not a provider who could care less about you. This is where consultants such as yours truly are of value--we represent several different providers and can make valuable suggestions as to which provider will best fit your needs best.

Just an observation I have made countless times during my career in this business.

AMSPCS
                    amspcs@juno.com
                    www.MerchantServices-help.com
                  amspcs Ranger
                  We recommend X-Cart and X-cart Light to our merchants in need of a shopping cart provider.

AMSPCS
                  amspcs@juno.com
                  www.MerchantServices-help.com
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    retail05 Newbie
                    Volusion hosted our first e-commerce website. Not an awful experience but not good for a retail operation that changes inventory regularly. Not great tech support. I HIGHLY recommend Modern Retail for e-commerce. Great service and GREAT support.
                      chissakid Newbie
                      In June 2008, we chose Volusion over several hosting companies. They migrated our existing site for a reasonable fee, and completed the process in about two weeks. We've been extremely happy. Their security is first-rate. Their support desk personnel are first-rate. We needed a few apps installed after the move, and Volusion's price to install was about 50% less than local freelancers. I highly recommend Volusion.
                        CarenOnline Newbie
                        Five stars! Have had the best success with Volusion. Easy to set up and use. Wonderfully reliable. Great service for the few times we've needed it (our fault not theirs). Couldn't be more pleased. Exporting to Quickbooks has been easy too.
                          britts425 Newbie
                          I've had some problems with Volusion, especially with the overcharging of bandwidth fees. Watch out for this because it can cost you up to a few hundred dollars extra a month. I switched to Networksolutions.com and I get basically the same stuff as Volusion but it is cheaper with even more bandwidth so I save a ton of money.