Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2009 8:55 PM by bmt2008

Home Based Bakery

Nancy08 Wayfarer
      I recently completed an online course "How to Operate a Home-Based Bakery" and although I can bake from home, I would still like to secure a location outside my home, for large baking jobs. Does anyone know how I might go locating a commercial kitchen for baking on weekends. I have posted ads on Craigslist and Kijiji, but just looking for more ideas. No real rush, baking from home for now is perfect and saves on gas and time.

Thanks

Nancy
        • Re: Home Based Bakery
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Home Based Bakery, Welcome Nancy

Where is home?? What State?? Go to Members page and share some info.

If I was looking for a commercial kitchen to bake on weekends, I would look at churches, food pantries
          that are only open week days, Schools both public and private again that are not open weekends.

Think outside the box. Good luck, LUCKIEST
            bmt2008 Adventurer
            Have you approached local restaurants? Many have the equipment you need. You could ask to use their equipment and space early in the morning or late at night when they are not open and not prepping.

Is there a community college or university in your area that may have the equipment you need? Many teach classes in the culinary arts and might allow you to use their stuff in between classes or on weekends.

Or is there restaurant space for sale or lease in your community? Might be able to appraoch the owner and say - as long as it is sitting empty - can I use it until it gets sold/leased.

Just some thoughts
              bmt2008 Adventurer
              One more thought - do any of your friend/family have bigger kitchens you can use - or use several of those that are close together?