This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2009 9:33 PM by Canadianbiz RSS

Opening Call Center In India

bela_modi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am currently researching the static costs of opening a call center in India, and I'm hitting a brick wall. Does anyone know how to find the costs of commercial rentals to accomodate anywhere from 15 - 30 telemarketers, 3 help desks, a few offices, and a conference room - and all this in Bombay?? Any direction will be greatly appreciated!
  • Re: Opening Call Center In India
    Canadianbiz Newbie
    I can help you as I had a call center in the Philippines(which is wayyyyy cheaper than India).But anyway in the Philippines,the cost was $3.00 CDN a day and $3.70 for a manger to over see your business.Very cheap and although India has no minimum wage there,you can negotiate but the Philippines is cheap and they are intelligent people honestly.I had 7 people working mon-thurday and 12 people working fri,sat,sun.Good luck withyour venture.
      bela_modi Newbie
      Thank you so much for the information! I am a Sprint customer, and I will say for sure that the callers in the Philippines do have great accents as well. They're very light. India is actually the only option for my company because I'll be heading up the call center. I'm American (born in MS), but my parents are from India, so I speak the language and would transition very easily. Do you know how much the prices differ between the two countries?
        Canadianbiz Newbie
        They have great communication skills as they (Id say) 90% speak english.
          Canadianbiz Newbie
          The price in India is negotiable as they have no minimum wage standards,but i would say close to the same maybe $3-6 per day per employee.In India,people make around $2200.00 a year,so you would still be in good shape,and india has intelligent people as well.Not to take anything rom either country as they both get college-university for free,they are well educated people.For example,there was a marine engineer that worked in my call center fri,sat and sun to make extra money.Over here marine engineers make $120k+ a year
            bela_modi Newbie
            Sometimes I cant believe it. The inequities in wages are astounding. What about in terms of commercial rental properties. How hard is it to find listings and prices. I've contacted a few agencies, but they all want like $700 just to provide listings. I don't understand...with the Internet, one would think there would be a website for this stuff. Any suggestions there?
              Canadianbiz Newbie
              Lol,dont pay $700.00 for rental space.Yamaha(before they moved) were in the same building as I was in.The whole floor I was on was $256.00 a month CDN.there were setups for 14 computers ans 2 small offices.You can get good cheap rental space in Makati.Commercial space is like 240-310 php per square foot.You get 49 to 1 on the money so that is cheap

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points