Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 12:43 AM by HotCocoa

How do you market a new sports team in your community on a small business budget ($0)?

laallstar Newbie
      I own Los Angeles All Stars we competitive cheerleading team in Van Nuys, CA. We have emabarked on a a new "GO GREEN" initiative called "Operation Cheer Up The World" . In July our team began a recycling program in our gym. We actively changed our weekly practices and procedures to include recycling, carpooling, and the reuse of gym equipment and supplies. This initiative is designed to get other cheerleading teams excited about recycling so that they can spread the word to their community through cheerleading pep rally's, competitions hosted in their respective communities. Our team is hosting our first "Operation Cheer Up the World Rally and Dance Party " in November "07 (just around the cormer). This event will include performances by local cheerleading teams (all star, high school, college, & pop warner) and local green business to promote their "Green " products and services that activate change.
      MY QUESTION is: Because this event is so new how do i ask places like rental equipment companies, stores, etc. to donate or help with the success of the event. I know that if this event is GREAT the first time it will be spectacular next year. Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!