Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2007 5:34 AM by WEBillions

How does a new business break into the Reno, NV market?

MSH.TRAINING Newbie
      I am new to this area and have an excellent employee development training program for employees. It is aimed at smaller businesses and provides a need, especially for companies who do not employ trainers. Getting business to look at and consider my training as a way of improving their business has become a major barrier. If anyone has had experience in this area, and is willing to share ideas, I'm all ears! -- Mike
        • Re: How does a new business break into the Reno, NV market?
          FashionGal Wayfarer

What type of employee development do you provide? Is there a particular niche that you can market? Maybe you can get your foot in the door by providing a free training seminar...so that the potential client can see your great work.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              MSH.TRAINING Newbie
              Thanks for the suggestion to offer a free workshop. I do employee development, focusing on human behaviors. I have created a Self Coaching process that includes six skills (mental skills--dealing with thought processing). The process is to get participants to actively think about what they are doing or about to do. Once actively thinking, a person can take control of his/her behavior, respond to the condition or situation, and manage it. This is different than reacting to the situation, usually in an emotional (often irrational) state, where the situation or event takes control. Helping people to recognize the differences, and applying productive decision-making is what the process is all about.

My greatest challenge is getting decision-makers to take that leap of faith into that soft science of psychology and human behavior application. Yet without our soft science (behavior application) our hard science would have no foundation. Now, I'm back where I started -- how to bridge that gap!
              WEBillions Adventurer
              First, find your potential customers at your local Chamber of Commerce. Then, it's time to start networking and do your homework.

For businesses with high turnover, approach this training as a way to increase employment length and effectiveness.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful