Post a new topic
    26 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 4:49 PM by EagleEye

How do you expand business via Internet and target my market group?

CCIGroup Newbie

I have a small unique business I would like to expand into the internet, and target a my market group. I make a hip hop fashion name plates with a chain that you can ware on your neck as a fashion statement for kids and adults as well as name bracelets for women and men alike. I sell 10k,14k chains, bracelets, rings. I custom design jewelry from any picture or item you show me with or with out diamonds. My target market is african american and hispanics. Please help with any suggestions or proven ideas with minimal cost expenditure.
        • Re: How do you expand business via Internet and target my market group?
          lsullivan64 Newbie
          Hi, I have a friend who was in a business that was being marketed to a similar demographic. He did Cable Rep advertising. he could pick the networks and programs he wanted to be on. MTV and BET for example. because his stuff was higher priced he ran the ads only after 9pm. teh shot the commercial for him for next to nothing. He did a 3 month run it was something like $3300 for 9 thirty second spots a day for 90 days. It worked very well for him. He pumped some of the money he got into producing a better commercial and it is still working for him today.
            BDS INC Adventurer

You may also want to try online marketing. Sites like SOHH.com and AllHipHop.com hit your target demographic perfectly and will save you money on traditional TV/Radio advertising.
              StreamVideo Newbie
              Do you have a website? There are several things you can do to enhance your website. There is also the capability now to have your own internet television shows and create commercials out over the internet for as little as $10 per month. Contact me for details...
                  vxch.com Newbie
                  i'm facing the same challenges with expanding my business over the internet. we're able to generate a small amount of daily traffic, but none of the customers are making any purchases. therefore it seems that the best approach would be to increase our customer base. would that help increase our chances of someone making a purchase? our market is 23 - 55 year old men and women.
                      WEBillions Adventurer
                      Offer a first time buyer gift package. It doesn't matter what it is, just let the customer know the value of what they are getting for free. Everyone loves free stuff, even if they know they probably won't use.
                        42n8lady Newbie
                        I just finished a 2-day bootcamp in Las Vegas for PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
                        If you want to have a lucrative presence in the internet, you either pay somebody who is e-commerce savvy or spend time learning how to do it yourself . This you do by getting information on how other people are generating tons money in that medium and there are many free resources regarding this topic.
                        That Craigs List is a good starting point to build your website but because of an event called "Google Slap", the content must really be tailored to your product if you want your site visitors to convert to paying customers.
                          studio 525 Adventurer
                          > {quote:title=vxch.com wrote:}{quote}
                          > i'm facing the same challenges with expanding my business over the internet. we're able to generate a small amount of daily traffic, but none of the customers are making any purchases. therefore it seems that the best approach would be to increase our customer base. would that help increase our chances of someone making a purchase? our market is 23 - 55 year old men and women.<

What you're talking about are conversion rates. You have visitors to your website, but your website is not converting them into customers. In other words, they're visiting but not buying.

More traffic is always good, but that may not be your answer.

Selling on the web, your main obstacle is the barrier of trust. You have to get your prospect across the trust barrier before they will be willing to buy from you on the web.

There are many ways to do this. Selling on the web often involves a series of steps. Each step increases trust until a sale is made. With some low cost, impulse-buy products these steps can all happen during the same visit. Higher cost items, particulary services, have a higher trust barrier and take more steps, as many as seven and multiple site visits or other web-based points of contact. Your first purchase at Amazon.com, in the early days, took a certain leap of faith across that trust barrier. Today Amazon has established trust with many people and sales low like water.

To sell successfully on the web, every element of your website and all your other marketing efforts need to increase trust. Frequently this is done by offering a free sample. And not just offering, because everyone offers free samples, but really selling that free sample. It doesn't have to be a physical product, it can be free information. But this is a good first step in establishing trust.

On my website, I sell web marketing and design services. I help people get results with their websites and web-centered marketing campaigns. Since this is a service with enormous competition, I have a high trust barrier. For a limited time (because I can only handle so many clients), I am offering a free website audit that analyzes a website's design, copywriting, content and offers and gives advice about what to change to improve sales results.

You may be someone who is interested in that type of offer. It seems to suit your needs. And why not? It's free. What do you have to lose? But first my website needs to sell you on my capabilities. After all, what good is free information if it's wrong or worthless? So, if you go to my website:
                          <a class="jive-link-external" href="http://">http://www.studio525.com
                          and you find that you like what you see, then you may feel comfortable responding to my offer for free advice to help your website get better results. If I deliver something you find of value and you like the way I did it, then we're more than half way over the trust barrier and on our way to a sale.

Now these steps can be much shorter with an impulse-item and can all take place on the website itself over the course of one visit. There are many ways to establish credibility and guide your visitor across the trust barrier, just as there are many ways to create an offer so compelling that few can resist it.

But these are the thing I get paid to help people with, so I've probably said enough.
                          I hope it's been helpful.

Peter
                          Peter Cutler
                          studio 525
                          We don't just create websites.
                          We create results.
                          http://www.studio525.com
                        DomainDiva Ranger
                        If you are short on cash (who isn't these days?) why not try the old referral network? Sound out your friends who are a part of your demographic and ask them for help. Take pictures of them wearing your creations and get a facebook or myspace page.....start a blog!!!!

Good Luck!!!
                          CEOLASVEGAS Newbie

what is your budget to get presence on the web?
                            nathan@ds Newbie
                            There
                            are many ways to drive visitors to your website, two of the most popular are

1. search engine optimization (SEO)
                            2. search engine marketing (SEM) or pay-per-click \\ advertising.
                            SEO
                            consists of many strategies, the main ones being keyword research, content
                            development, and link building. You start by figuring out what keyword
                            phrases people use most to find the particular product or service you are
                            selling. There are many phrases that people may use, but there are a few
                            that they use the most. Ideally you want to find keyword phrases that are
                            popular and have the least amount of competition. There are many tools
                            that are used to perform this research, a couple of free ones are the Overture
                            Keyword Selector - http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion
                            and the Google AdWords Keyword Tool -
                            https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Once you know the keywords you want to target you need to develop content
                            around your target keywords. Typically you want to target one to two phrases
                            per page. Include these phrases in your title, header and in the content
                            of the page. Make sure that the text sounds natural and that you do not
                            over use your target phrases.

After you have developed the content you need to seek out other sites and get
                            them to link to you. There are many ways to do this, the best being to
                            develop content that is unique and interesting that other sites will want to
                            link to. For more information search Google for "link building strategies".
                            There is a ton of great information on SEO on the internet and many great
                            bloggers out there sharing their knowledge. A great place to start is
                            www.sphinn.com.

The online jewelry business is very competitive and will require a lot of
                            effort if you are going to compete if you do put the time and effort into understanding
                            what your audience is searching for, developing great content and marketing it
                            well, it will pay off.

Well that is probably already too much, but if anyone is interested in the SEM
                            side or would like some other SEO resources let me know.
                              RE.Manager Newbie
                              I have a web site and pay google to drive traffic to the site. The monthly cost is very low, $30.00, and I have had some responce. The more you are willing to pay the more traffic they will drive to your site.

Setting up the site was not cheap. I hired an expert. They set up the key words to drive site views. Blogging takes up too much time for me to concider, that means I have plenty of work. Just starting out you may want to schedule an hour a day to blogging, responding to blogs, forums that are your market base.

Crieg's list is a great marketing tool. However it takes allot of time to post, repost your ads. You would need to post in all the cities, even copy - paste would take a great deal of time.

Would a marketing campain set for a holiday or event date work for you. Advertise far in advance for orders. Graduation would be the next big event for your product "Year of ...." , or what ever saying is cool at the moment.

Good luck.
                                TGA000 Wayfarer
                                Social media all the way. When you get into those small niche markets nothing drives traffic and sales like jumping into FaceBook, Squidoo, Scribd etc...

The best part is most of these are free. You can hire out if you want somebody to do them for you, however...

Do not even begin down this road until you know what keywords turn into $$$.

This is the #1 mistake about 99% of small biz owners make. They don't do their home work (they don't even know there is home work to be done!).

Then they go out, blow a bunch of cash, hire the wrong firm and rank at #1 under their own business name.

Fantastic IF you're Coke.

Here's a video I did on this exact subject:

http://www.theguruassassin.com/small_business_web_site_design.htm

Yes, with your target market you'll want to focus on Social media Optimization (SMO) social bookmarking.

That sort of stuff.
                                  RZ4Health Newbie
                                  Advertise on the internet: such as YOUTUBE, My Space, and more! I also know that this is what network marketing companies are suggesting to their distributors, to make a video without making it too commercialized but funny to get the word out and as a way to get sales. And besides it free all you need is a video camera and a theme or script.
                                  Be Creative!

Thanks
                                  RZ4Health
                                    vikassah Wayfarer
                                    Empowered SEO (http://www.empoweredseo.com) will work with you to develop a custom internet marketing plan (SEO, SEM, Social Media Marketing, Branding) for your business and needs and implement it to effectively target your market group.

We will give you a free quote based on our initial discussion. Please contact us at: contact@empoweredseo.com
                                      scsurfguy Wayfarer
                                      Brian, a website like the one you used as an example would cost a fortune. If you would like for my company to give you a quote on a free website with all the necessary hosting please shoot me an email and I will set you up to get started within a week or two.

slobeachguy@comcast.net
                                        RongDesign Adventurer
                                        If you are really interested in doing a website, please contact me at info@rongdesign.com! I would be happy to do something similar that reflects http://www.jewelrybynet.com/ but that will be easier to maintain and more focused on product. I am very afforable! Visit us at RongDesign.com!

Thanks,
                                        Dave Moore @
                                        RongDesign.com
                                        717-275-4454