Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 4:33 AM by Mongoose

NETWORKING PARTY

domino Newbie
      I AM GOING TO "........NETWORKING PARTY" TO ADVERTISE MY BUSINESS. DOES IT HELP? DID ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD RESULTS?ANY SUGGESTION?
        • Re: NETWORKING PARTY
          ErrandService Newbie
          I go to a lot of networking events/parties. I feel that when you meet people face to face it really helps promote your business in a positive way. Instead of just seeing an ad for your business in a newspaper, networking is a way to deliver a personalized "commercial" of your business which is a lot more effective. Just bring lots of business cards and seem interested in everyone elses businesses too. You scratch their back they will scratch yours.
            ACleanerWay Newbie
            I am very interested in attending a networking party. Any advice on how to locate one in the area?
                lainsurance Newbie
                Your local chamber of commerce is a great place to start.
                  WaterBoyz Newbie
                  Do you have business related periodicals in your area? Best place to look. Or even your local paper business section will have certain issues that list the weeks events. Once you get in, there will be plenty of contacts that can steer you to other events. In Atlanta, you could network breakfast and lunch and dinner at least 5 days a week if you wanted to.

Remember to write a few words on the back of the received business card so you know where and when and some thought triggers.
                  DomainDiva Ranger
                  Check with the university in your area business school. They many sponsor one. In the DFW area the SMU Cox School of business sponsors the Southwest Venture Forum meets every other month at 0700 at the Dallas Country Club for 2 hours, breakfast, networking and presentation. Its been nothing but good for me.
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    Networking is the way to go. It is like a trade show with out the trade.
                    How long have you been in business?? Do you have business cards??
                    You can get FREE Business Cards at "www.visaprint.com"
                    Every area has a Business Assoc that networks, there is the local Rotary and Lions Clubs.
                    Go with a open mind, keep records or notes of who you meet and remember you are
                    selling your business and yourself, as much as meeting new contacts.
                    Happy networking, LUCKIEST
                      Navigator
                      Have you tried Meetup.com?
                      There are a number of local meetups based on interest and where you live.
                      Most are free and you can even network with folks beforehand.
                      We get plenty of business, partners, and free exposure that way.
                      You can even create your own!