Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 6:58 PM by Viking

Studio critique

Viking Wayfarer
      I am getting about 10 people a day to my web site but no serious inquiries.
      Have a look and make constructive suggestions, please.

http://www.fantasy-portraits.com/
      Thanks;
      Viking
        • Re: Studio critique
          massagefever Adventurer
          Well your background tiles are stretched to too many pixels, you can tell, they look all blurry.

Your main text should not go under your links on the left. And I would try to make buttons out of those links and then the one about armed forces, I would make that a whole new paragraph down the page.

Make sure you have your best pictures up and decide who your audience is. If you want to mainly sell family pictures, get that fantasy picture off there. Or if you decide to leave it up, there is something weird with it too so the pixels aren't right.

I think I would also look for fancy edging on a darker background. I think that is what I see for most photography studios.

Hope some of that helped.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            NoBullFunding Scout
            If people aren't coming to your site, then I'd think it doesn't have anything to do with the content. It sounds to me like what you really want to know is how to get more than 10 people a day to your site.

Some suggestions:

• See if your local chamber of commerce has a website that you can get listed on.
            • Approach complimentary businesses and propose that you link to eachothers site (like a camera store, wedding planners, wedding venues etc)
            • Google Adwords (be careful, that can get expensive quickly. I'd suggest limited your ad campaign to a specific geographic area)
            • Make sure your site is optimized for the major search engines (there are people on this forum who can give tips on that)
            • Make sure your site is on your business card, and make sure every client you have gets a number of cards to give to friends

Good luck!
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Viking Wayfarer
              Massagefever;
              I see what you mean with the background, hadn't noticed that.
              I had buttons on my first site, isn't that a dated idea. I think it would look old.
              "Make sure you have your best pictures up and decide who your audience
              is. If you want to mainly sell family pictures, get that fantasy
              picture off there. Or if you decide to leave it up, there is something
              weird with it too so the pixels aren't right."
              Are you talking about the girl with the scar on her chin or the girl in the big hat? Roll your mouse over the girl with the scar.
              Oddly enough all of the ligitimate inquires have been about Fantasy or Glamour portraits.
              which girl?
              Viking
                  massagefever Adventurer
                  Oh I just noticed the name of your website. So that is the clientele you need to focus on. Go to every webpage about fantasy photography you can find that will let you list your site for free and list it there. That is what I have done with my site and it has generated a lot of traffic. But again, even if you get the traffic, you have to have a good looking site to back it up. I myself don't think buttons are old fashioned but maybe they are and I just didn't know. I have them on my site. I have two I need to make though. I also like the look of each page having the same back ground. Again, IMO. And my kids were in the room when I pulled up your site so I had to close it very quickly.

Here is my site, but again, it may look old fashioned and I don't know it but I get compliments.

http://www.absolutelykneaded.com