Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 3:18 PM by hchung

Student in need of SBL for performance auto parts business

ta_corse Newbie
      Have a great opportunity to purchase a small performance aftermarket and OE parts business for extremely low initial cost but, being a college student I don't have enough funds awith my investments down 50%. Profitable within 6mo (expected gross sales upwards of $40,000 yearly per marque with planned expansion to five marques, gross margins of 20-25%), no inventory costs (dealing with a drop shipping distributor), only expenses are site hosting and monthly advertising on automotive forums. I'm a student at a top level university and have experience with both owning a business and the automotive industry. I've also been working on a small clothing startup that could be easily integrated into the business as well since it caters to the same market and would provide great cross promotion. Looking for investors/suggestions as to how to raise ~$6000 in capital. Please contact me at mmoretti@usc.edu with inquiries.
        • Re: Student in need of SBL for performance auto parts business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Student in need of SBL, Welcome

WHO are you?? (First name??) Go to Members page and share some info.

Tell me more. When do you graduate?? How long has this business been in business??

Talk to me, LUCKIEST
              ta_corse Newbie
              Not too keen to share extensive information on the internet, but my name is Matt and I attend the University of Southern California in downtown LA. I am set to graduate in 2012, with a degree in some combination of Economics, Finance, and Entrepreneurship. The business has been in existence since 2003 and grew by only 2004 to gross numbers of just under $50,000 selling parts for only one manufacturer (Acura). Gross sales declined slowly as the business owner moved his residence and opened two retail franchises (not related to this original) and lacked time to promote the business on automotive web forums. I have been a member of nearly ten of these web forums for years so I have knowledge of how they work and how to market to the audience (I have been the audience for the past four years). I plan to expand the business to high end european imports as well (BMW, Mercedes, Audi).
              hchung Wayfarer
              Hi Matt,

I am the manufacture from China so we maybe can coporate with each other to expand the business.

Please feel free to contact with me.

Sincerely
              Shou Ie L.L.C
              TEL:786-219-8586
              George