Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2007 6:00 AM by profitguy

Convertible Debt

GCGCGC Newbie
      Can anybody let me know, if banks offer convertible debt?
        • Re: Convertible Debt
          jgoldstein Newbie

Very rarely, and then only to large multi-national corporations.
              GCGCGC Newbie
              Will you please let me know who can offer convertible debt for small firms?
              Thanks.
                  jgoldstein Newbie
                  I'm not an expert on this topic....

because of the securities laws, I think it would have to be a smaller, local, investment banking firm. The big firms, Goldman, Lehman, etc. aren't interested in small businesses.

In a few instances smaller banks may make loans that include them receiving warrants to purchase shares in the future, but that isn''t the exactly the same as convertible debt.

Sorry I'm not more help.

JG
                score81 Adventurer
                There are number of hard money lendar will work with you on this.
                Try talking to Mortgage broker, and ask him to refer a hard money lendar.
                  profitguy Newbie

Do you have other sources of funding - friends and family, angel investors, etc.? With the right legal documentation you can arrange for convertible notes (debt) with most anyone. Unfortunately, you will need the help of a securities attorney to make certain you do not violate any state or federal laws. This will cost some money to accomplish, but it is certainly doable. Depending on how much you are trying to raise, it may or may not make sense for you to go through the effort. I suggest you talk with an attorney to determine what it would cost you.