Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2009 1:02 PM by LUCKIEST

Dog Day Care

AndyKerry Newbie
      I'm looking into buying an existing Dog Day Care business that has been in operation for 4 years. The current owner has come into some major health issues and is looking to sell. I have worked at a dog kennel, groomed, trained and showed dogs most of my life and would love the opportunity to get back into the industry. Any know of any help out there, they are asking $50,000 for the business.
      Any help would be appreciated!
        • Re: Dog Day Care
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Dog Day Care, Welcome Andy

Have you developed a Business and marketing Plan??

I personally would never consider providing money to you or your business unless you had a plan for me to read.

Talk to me, LUCKIEST
            SKCGroup Newbie
            Andy,

I am currently looking to take on some new serious clients to add to my portfolio. My firm aids in the development of new businesses from the ground up and continues to work with you throughout your growth stages. We would be able to develop a lender/investor based business plan and aid you in obtaining the financing to purchase this business. We can also provide the legal support needed for this acquisition. If you are interested, please email me at daniel.skolnick@skcgroup.net.

Regards.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                *I am a SCORE Counselor and yesterday we had a
                presentation and slide show on Email Marketing. Without mentioning the company's
                name, the presentation talked about staying in front of your customers,
                Communicating with them regularly, Reminding them of your value, and setting
                yourself apart from the competition, with Email Marketing.*

*Life has
                gotten very exciting, LUCKIEST*
                DomainDiva Ranger
                Have you thought about making an arrangement where you step in and start running the business and start the ownership/lease process? Money is tight right now for sellers and buyers. Perhaps discussing this with the current owner, and hiring an attorney to work out the details and an accountant to go over the books THOROUGHLY could get you started on your way. This could be beneficial for both parties and provide a short term solution.

GET CREATIVE!
                  bmt2008 Adventurer
                  Andy,

Great business concept. As stated above, you might be able to purchase the business from the owners with money down and then pay them out of profits. Ask the owners if they would be willing to self- finance it.

Also, think about the SBA. The SBA guarantees many programs designed just for businesses and people just like you - established business with a purchaser with experience. They might also proviude additional funds for workign capital. Of couse you will need a business plan - but you should be able to find help locally through a local SCORE office or SBDC.

How is your personal credit? If it is above average - you may quailfy for a personal loan for that amount provided you can demonstrate an ability to repay.

Just some thoughts - Good Luck.

Business Money Today
                  www.businessmoneytoday.com