Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 7:09 PM by DebbyBlitzLoc

Unemployement??? I can't find a good employee!

KurtBeier Wayfarer
      "The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that today's learner will have 10-14 jobs by the age of 38.
      According to the U.S. Department of Labor . . . 1 out of 4 workers today is working for a company they have been employed by for less than one year.
      More than 1 out of 2 are working for a company they have worked for for less than five years." -Shift Happens Video by Carl Fisch

As a business owner - I am constantly frustrated when hiring new U.S. employees. I hear about the unemployment rate being so high... and I'm not arguing that fact. I put one employment ad out and I get 100's of responses. However, so many resume's are poorly written... so many interviews show up late or cancel... and when I finally find an employee that is suited for the position they have low work ethic and only do just enough to get by.

It seems that most unemployed people I'm interviewing are only at the interview to fill a quota for their unemployment check!

It wasn't until I started working with WLM Global that I realized that hiring in the U.S. was not my only option. I found global employees that truly appreciated their work and it has been the best decision I have ever made for my company. I saved over 80% on my payroll costs, I got a harder working employee.

The U.S. better wake up and realize that the WORLD IS FLAT. Laziness and apathy won't get the job done anymore. There are people all around the world who are driven to survive and are willing to work hard to achieve success... and I'm sorry, but those are the type of people I want working for my company.