Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2009 9:25 AM by Lessons

Smoking

Lessons Wayfarer
      Dallas is about to ban smoking in everything but Hookah Lounges and Cigar Stores. I am wanting to open a Hookah Lounge and have a question.
      Would it be wise to do so with so much of the community trying to get away from smokers? I do not smoke regularly and enjoy Hookah on occasion so do not know what the general smoking populous feels on this matter.
      Anyone have experience in this area? Any advice would help!!!!
      Thanks for your time.
        • Re: Smoking
          KurtBeier Wayfarer
          It sounds to me like opening a hookah lounge would be a profitable business then. However - just be aware of the crowd that hangs around those types of businesses. Since hookah pipes are also used to smoke illegal drugs - don't be surprised when drugs end up on your company property. Not to mention dealers trying to sell around your business so that people can use in your building.

Just from my experience - hookah bars can be semi profitable... but also very high liability. Get good insurance.

How much money do you have to invest at this time? Maybe I can help give you some better more profitable ideas on how to spend your money (if you're open to listen).
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Smoking, If you want to open a new business you should do the following

Develop a Business and Marketing Plan

Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              amspcs Ranger
              I guess I'm giving my age away here. But..........what's a hookah lounge??