Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2010 12:02 AM by listedplaces

Want to rent out my time share

gymrat Adventurer
      I own a time share with Starwood Hotels. They own the Westin, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points, St Regis, etc.

My time share is good for a week in a 2 bedroom villa at the
      Princeville Westin Ocean Resort, Kauai, HI. I have stayed there and it
      is a gorgeous place to visit with that special someone. But I can also
      choose to stay anywhere in their resort network. All of which are
      located throughout the US, Mexico and Bahamas.

Because of my busy schedule I am not always able to go on vacation
      every year. Having said that I want to create a website to rent out my
      vacation villa (tax benefits) as well as talk about the pluses/minuses
      and how-to of
      owning time share because I made some mistakes that I want to help
      others avoid. Do you think visitors to my site will trust a non-travel agency site to rent a villa? Any effective ways to market this? And what other time-share
      related topics might I write
      about? Thanks very much.
        • Re: Want to rent out my time share
          listedplaces Newbie
          Gymrat.

I think people will trust you if you are transparent on how you go about what you want to accomplish.
          Just be honest, you dont need the reputation of a travel agency or some formal institution.

One thing you can leverage is trying to get people you know personally to book your share and you can ask them to write a recommendation which
          you can post on your site. Since you are starting out, you can also provably work out a deal with your firsts customers to get them spread the word and give good testament about you and
          your timeshare.

you can still list your property on sites such as www.listedplaces.com or other web listings so people know you are legit, link back to public listings from your personal site so
          that possible vacationers see you are doing business in light of day and little by little you will be enough trust to book your share whenever you cant enjoy it your self.
          hope this helps and you still have your timeshare since its been a bit since you first posted this question.