Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2009 11:16 PM by coleman63

Commercial Storage Faciltiy Needs Start-Up Investor-NC

coleman63 Wayfarer
      I would like to discuss a major opportunity with an investor interested in a start up commercial storage facility. Conventional storage facilities are your classic 10'x10' roll up door type which has to be constructed and cost around $65.00 to $75.00 per month. I have the ability to provide storage units that are 340 square feet and only charge $75.00 to $80.00 per month.

I also would like to also develop the lot for private parking of boats, trucks RVs and equipment. I feel that be needing only one person to manage the facility, we will get the bang for our buck we are looking for.

I would like to place this new facility near the new Bio-Tech Education Campus located in Kannapolis, NC or in Concord, NC off Hwy 29. I need 5 to 6 acres of land to complete this project allowing for 225 parking spaces (10'x30') and 125 to 150 storage units on site.

This business footprint will yeild $21,000.00 per month. If interested, please contact me @980-521-6972 or coleman63@ctc.net Please serious inquires only!
        • Re: Commercial Storage Faciltiy Needs Start-Up Investor-NC
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Commercial Storage Facility

Mike, Do you have a business Plan that I can read??
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Commercial Storage Faciltiy Needs Start-Up Investor-NC
              coleman63 Wayfarer
              Luckiest,

I can put a business plan together very easily on this project, although the cost of the land purchase or lease will not be dead on the money. The business foot print follows a gentleman that has the same kind of set up on his property which is completely full year around. I spoke to this business owner for several hours concerning the leasing agreements and vacancy rate. He had a very good point that many families and businesses have down sized and need additional space. My thoughts are with the Bio-Tech Research Lab & Campus currently being established in Kannapolis, NC the demand for additional space will be needed.

These upper and middle class people will need more space than your standard 10'x10' storage units. Parking for recreational vehicles and additional automobiles and equipment will be in very high demand.

The solution for the storage units is to convert the standard oversea shipping containers into storage units. Due to the high cost of shipping the containers back to China for them to reuse, California is sitting on thousands and thousands of these containers. These container units can be bought anywhere from $100.00 to 2000.00 each.

Converting the swing open doors to rollup doors and painting the units give a nice uniform appearance. The scrap metal in naturally recycled for cash to help the overhead. The nice thing about the containers is they can be converted into just about any configuration including having a controlled climate added to the unit.

Strict guidlines would have to be enforced such as no repairs, no environmentally unsafe conditions such as oil leaking vehicles or equipment. A 10' foot perimeter fence with a electronic entrance a surveillance cameras will also be a must.

Depending on how many units and parking spaces, this property should generate anywhere from $15,000.00-$19,000.00 per month. Please let me know what else you would like to see in a business plan.

Thanks,

Mike