Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2009 10:52 AM by sam897

Introductory business letter

monie290 Newbie
      I want to write an business introductory letters to customers telling them about my new business as a health care that provide staffing services for nursing homes, hospital and other health facilities. Where can I get a good and sound letter well written template.

Monie
        • Re: Introductory business letter
          Howard Adventurer

A business announcement is a great idea. People are busy so consider keeping it brief. You may consider printing it on a postcard even which also saves on postage. If you have a website, I'd post the URL on the postcard too - this way they can read more information about your business.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Introductory business letter

WHO ARE YOU??, Where are you??

Go to Members page and share some info and then I will answer your question.

Do you know "Iwrite"??
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

There are basically five things to cover in this type of business introduction letter (each can be a separate paragraph):

1. State your reason for writing (i.e., to introduce yourself and your business).

2. Provide your name, title/position, and a "tag" to help cement your business' market position in the mind of the customer (for instance, "the low fee provider of medical staffing service" or "the most experienced medical staffing service provider in the tri-state area" or "the only locally-owned staffing service provider" or . . . you get the idea).

3. Give the recipient a brief (yet persuasive and undeniable) reason to contact you now (for instance, if your recipient is a job seeker, it might be something like, "I have a wide range of openings to maximize your opportunities" -- or if your recipient is a health care facility, it might be, "I may have that one special person you are looking for to complete your existing staff." If you're offering any introductory discounts or other incentives, this would be the place to mention those, as well.

4. Invite action -- ask the recipient to call you now, to discuss something specific, to make an appointment, or whatever action is desired. The important thing is that you don't just say, "Here am I!" and leave it at that (a common mistake with introduction letters and new business announcements). Compel the reader to DO something -- right then -- rather than set the letter aside and forget about it.

5. Express your appreciation for the recipient's time and consideration, and end with a positive expectation (such as, "I look forward to helping you fulfill . . .")

This format assumes that you have a somewhat "qualified" mailing list -- i.e., the reader will recognize what it is you do, and be at least prospectively in the market for your services.

Welcome to the community and good luck!
                sam897 Newbie
                When writing a business letter, use a pleasant tone and proper formatting, and be brief. Block style is the simplest. Typically business letters are written in block format. This means that all sentences are left aligned or justified. If you use letterhead stationery with your company or personal name printed at the top, then there is no need to write your name and address on the business letter. If not using letterhead, then write your address only on the lines directly preceding the date line. A single blank line separates each paragraph. Type a closing; such as Sincerely yours and Regards. Use a comma after the closing. Leaving three or four blank lines for a signature, type your name. Place your job title, if desired, below your name. If you include attachments or enclosures in your business letter, type the appropriate word -- Attachment or Enclosure -- one blank line below your typed name or title.
                http://www.examplesof.com/business_letters/