Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2009 4:56 AM by amifund

Should You Hire An SEO Writer

amifund Adventurer

At one time, when a search engine programmer needed text for a website, he/she would hire a copywriter. Programmers quickly realized that it takes a skilled Search Engine Optimization (SEO) writer to create text for a website. Most writers aren't aware of how search engines work. Many will stuff text with several commonly-used search engine terms ("credit," "auto," etc.) 15 or 20 more times within a single page, without careful thought of whether the content actually reads well. Today, search engines ignore content that contains keyword-stuffing.

If you want search engine friendly content that's well written hire a skilled SEO writer. Think about it this way - you wouldn't hire a still life artist to paint your house - no matter how talented.

An experienced SEO writer:

• Uses only 1 or 2 keyword phrases per page

• Uses unique, natural-language keyword phrases

• Incorporates keyword phrases smoothly with text

If you're still searching for someone to create well written SEO text for your website, my writing style is unique and easy to ready. Best of all, you don't have to spend a fortune in order to have quality SEO text. My rates are currently $0.10 per word. For further details email me at: support@seo-articles-on-demand.com.
        • Re: Should You Hire An SEO Writer
          DomainDiva Ranger
          I would think that any business hiring an SEOcopywriter would hire someone familiar with the 'type' of business they are promoting on the interent.

True or false?
              amifund Adventurer
              Unfortunately, not everyone.
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  I think you are under-selling copywriters. Many of us take the time to adapt as the medium changes. What was once true is no longer the case - I once didn't need to know SEO, but depending on the client that has changed and so has my skill set. I would argue that the writing of SEO writers lacks the creativity and informative nature that visitors are coming to require. But I would be wrong for making such a sweeping generalization, and so would anyone that makes broad statements.

I do not understand the aircraft maintenance record industry but I think I have been able to communicate the benefit to the target audience. Or at least I hope I have. Domaindiva, you tell me.

I think you should hire a good or great copywriter that understands the importance of strong, relevant copy that speaks to an audience, and who understands the medium they are working in. The specialization of copywriters has created a mess for clients. I think there should not be direct mail writers or medical writers or car writers or tv writers or long copy writers - there should simply be copywriters who know their craft, and work to improve each day.
                      DomainDiva Ranger
                      IWrite has helped us become a 'brand'. Because of his expertise in the ad field and his way of doing his job, listening and leaving perspnal ego off the table we are on track to becoming very well known.

I really do not equate what IWrite does for us with SEO since I equate SEO with internet advertising and we are still pretty far from that. People spend so much money on SEO with google and yahoo and other companies, I would rather pay IWrite and make wonderful ad campaigns.

So for me putting foot in mouth...for me...SEO is a totally different universe. One that I am not looking forward to playing in.
                      I guess IWrite better get ready for his next assignment :).

The original poster had me picturing sitting down with this SEO person and being told what I should do and not giving me as a client any input at all, as if the SEO copywriter was all I needed to achieve google nirvana.
                          Iwrite Pioneer
                          I'm not attacking SEO writing. I'm saying that if you hire an SEO writer do you need to also hire a copywriter? I wish the two were one and the same. Amifund, I read your site and I think you are missing out on the copywriting dollars.

I was taught that a good copywriter does it all. Specializing has made copy weak and raised the costs for clients because instead of one person who can do the job, now it takes two or more depending on the task. That makes no sense to me.

DomainDiva, good! I'm bored.
                              amifund Adventurer

Thanks for your responses. Please note that I never mentioned that ALL copywriters weren't skilled in SEO writing. I think my post got a little blown out of proportion. In the writing business, I believe that you should have a specialty or a niche.

In addition to SEO writing, I also provide other copywriting services to my existing and new clients. I have a separate website for my copywriting services. Today's post is geared towards companies that specifically need SEO writing services. Business owners that I have spoken with over the years prefer to use a writer who specializes in a particular area of writing.

I provide my clients with free consultation and we sit down together and brainstorm ideas to help accomplish their Internet marketing goals. As far as pricing is concerned, companies save money and time when they use my SEO writing services. My client receives the best of worlds, quality SEO writing that's interesting to read.
                                  Iwrite Pioneer
                                  That's a better story to tell.

Clients like having their logos huge and their names mentioned multiple times in advertising but that doesn't make it the right thing to do for them. We should listen to them and then advise them on what is best. We creatives made this mess of people being specialized as a way of making more money, a good writer is a good writer.

We may disagree on this but that's cool. I think your post went where it needed to go. Good luck. We'll have to do more of this some other time.
                        stevepat Adventurer
                        Best option for this i suggest Go with web design company which provides all these at less price . As you wil be spedning lot for one writer.
                        Or have SEO consultants.. who provide thier views and get fixed your website, Some good resource - OnlineSEOConsultants.com -less price SEO service provider from asia they have blogs now for helping small business people ...
                            Wayfarer
                            I think "SEO" is quite the "buzz" right now and while properly optimized web pages are important, it is only one piece of the puzzle used to get "traffic" to your website. If your website doesn't direct your visitors to do what you want them to do, SEO won't really help you. So, should you hire an SEO writer? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what you are trying to do.

ilene
                                Iwrite Pioneer
                                Thank you ilene!!

I have been saying this for the longest time. SEO is not the biggest factor for every website. I will not use a web search to find a doctor or an attorney or an accountant or even a lowly advertising agency. How many of us would search for services that way? Be honest.

I never type in "pizza restaurants" if I am looking for great pizza. I go to a site that reviews food and find a restaurant that way or I take a friends recommendation and go looking for the name they have given me. And as much as I would like to think I am special in this, I believe more people do the same.

ilene, you are so on point.
                                    amifund Adventurer

"How many of us would search for services that way? Be honest."

73.6% of the population utilizes the search engines to search for services in North America. The usage growth rate (2000-2008) is 129.6%. So, that means that a large majority of people are using search engines to find services. That's why it's important to have a well designed website with search engine friendly web content. People are searching the major search engines for an attorney, an accountant, an advertising agency, etc.
                                        amifund Adventurer

To all business owners:

If you want search engine friendly content that's well written - hire a skilled SEO writer.

An experienced SEO writer:

• Uses only 1 or 2 keyword phrases per page
                                        • Uses unique, natural-language keyword phrases
                                        • Incorporates keyword phrases smoothly with text

If you're still searching for someone to create well written SEO text for your website, my writing style is unique and easy to read. Best of all, you don't have to spend a fortune in order to have quality SEO text. If you have any further information on this topic feel free to contact me via email at: support@seo-articles-on-demand.com.