Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 7:37 AM by LUCKIEST

Help with starting a new business

grl_with_cars Newbie
      I am in Wausau, WI and I am looking to start up my own Automotive business, I have land picked out, zoning requirements met, floor plans ready to be put into motion, state registration ready to be sent in, but I lack the money to get this business started. I have been looking online for government grants but they all seem like a scam to me and I do know that they are out there but I just don't know where to look. Does anyone know where I could get funding for this? I have many people that said they would come to me for automotive work and I have people ready to build my shop and I have everything else ready to go all I have to do is hand out some money... What can I do? Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
        • Re: Help with starting a new business
          bmt2008 Adventurer
          There are some options for you - but they depend on you as well.

1) SBA loan - talk with local banks in your area to see if they offer SBA guanateed loans. If not you can find information at www.businessmoneytoday.com
          2) Search for other lenders (non-local banks) that will provide funding. These options are a little more expensive - but, if that is what you can get - that is what you get or you don't open your business. Again, try www.businessmoneytoday.com - just remember, you have to have excellent credit and show an ability to repay the money over time.
          3) Bring in a partner who have both money and expereince. Or, if your credit is bad, bring in a partner that has good credit.
          4) Seek funding from friends and family - they know you best.

Lastly, whoever has your flooring line - may extend additional credit for working capital.
          • Re: Help with starting a new business
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Help with starting a new business

Who are you?? Do you have a name?? How much funds are you looking for??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan that I can read??

Do you have an Accountant and a Lawyer??