Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 6:43 PM by Harley123

Credit Cards for Start ups?

realtree27 Newbie
      I'm trying to start a website based company, and its going to cost around 8000 dollars.

Would it be a bad idea to put this cost on a credit card and just make as big as payment as I can until the business will be able to pay the card off?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
        • Re: Credit Cards for Start ups?
          Harley123 Newbie
          That would not be a bad idea but I would only do that if the interest rate is low or use card's transfer balance rate to your startup bills to pay them off. There are some really good offers if you look around. I know I did.
          Harley123
              realtree27 Newbie
              What card did you use?

So you just made the minimum payment or the bigest amount over the minimum you could afford until you where able to pay the card off?

What alot of cards have good rates until you fail to pay the balance right?

I currently dont have a card so any info is great!
                  Harley123 Newbie
                  You can look around and see, Bank of America may have a good interest rate to start you with a Credit Card. Then you can transfer your balances to all your debitors and usually they have a 0% balance transfer rate with no interest for 15 month and sometimes longer.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Harley123
                      realtree27 Newbie

So you just open a credit card account put your purchase on thier pay on it until the intro 0 interest rate is gone then transfer it to another 0 interest rate card for thier intro period and so on? How many cards does that take usually? Does it just depend on how much you owe?

Thanks!
                          Harley123 Newbie
                          Yes, I never done this before myself until a year and a half ago but when I did sometimes I'd have them paid or if I didn't I'd transfer my balance to one of my other credit cards. Use to not even look at what I thought was trash but some of it really was a great one do. Just please make sure to read the fine print. And keep a record of the date it ends and the transfer rate. On some of them the way they worded it would have got me. So if you don't understand it you can call. But the ones you have may not offer you that but if you ask them they most likely will want to keep your buiness. And one other thing, when I was closing an account a few yrs ago, They told me once I wanted it close that
                          I was eligable for a better rate half of what I was paying which wasn't no way near 12 or 19%. But they don't want you to know that,but call them and ask them. Hope this will help you. It did me. It's really a personal choice, But I saved alot of money personally. Like I said it's a personal choice. Good Luck,
                          Harley123
                            Harley123 Newbie
                            Also, I kept some of mine CC because they were alway sending me offers and the only thing ijusdt incase you don't know. If you have a visa or mastercard that are form the same company (check out to make sure they are not joined as a lender), You CAN'T transfer balances within those accounts. Example: Visa -"(example name)" with" Lenders" and you have a mastercard with "Lenders", they will not let you transfer balance from the "Lenders" visa to the "Lenders" mastercard.
                            Harley123
                      funds2924 Wayfarer
                      Let us try to get you a loan first before you entertain the credit cards. The site is www.innovativereturns.com