About Business Plans - The Most Important Document You Have To Present To Investors
Your business plan is the most important document you have to present to investor prospects and funding sources. Having a professional investor-ready plan is always important but even more important now with current market and economic conditions. In fact having a solid and professional plan is critical to your success in raising capital or finding money or investors for your business.
An Important Note From Dennis Lowery:
There are plenty of business plan "writers" that offer "cut-rate" prices who have zero business experience or they outsource the work on your plan to the lowest-cost provider to actually do the work - that's a couple of reasons why they can offer a "cut-rate" price. Often, they load up your plan with standard boiler-plate business plan template wording to make you think you are getting a lot for your money. Investors and funding sources dislike business plans made up with boiler-plate wording that were churned out by "writers" who use business plan templates that fail to address the important things that they want to know about the business and about the principals (people) involved in the business.
My philosophy on crafting strong business plans and preparing entrepreneurs for what is important regarding their plan, is covered in the following articles on my website. If you get a chance you might want to read these to get a sense of my perspective on the type of business plans that clients really need as opposed to what someone "sells" them at a cut-rate price:
- The Business Plan You Need, Depends On What You Want
- What Doesn't Matter And Should Not Be In Your Business Plan
- The 5 Most Important Things Your Business Plan Should Contain That Investors Want To Read About
- How To Write A Business Plan That Really Gets Noticed By Investors And Funding Sources
- The Money Call - You've Prepared Your Plan, Now Prepare Your Self
We believe that your business plan is too important to short-cut or to do a poor job of it.
As suitable or applicable for their business, for clients who I help with their business plan, I can also introduce them to my network of 90 professional resources and funding sources with capital available from $100,000 to $20,000,000+.+ I can also offer a payment plan for clients who are on a tight budget that includes some of the payment for the plan coming after they receive funding.
- Custom Business Plans - developed from scratch for your business
- Business Plan "Makeovers" - we can take your business plan, or draft and refine, polish and ehance it to be a professional-level document
- Business Plan Review & Evaluation - We take your existing business plan, read, review and evaluate it and provide a written report back to you that identifies the strengths and any weaknesses that we see in the plan based on our decades of experience. In the evaluation, we will identify those things that should be added to or improved and those things that should have minimal discussion in the plan or in some cases should be removed from the plan that you present to investors or funding prospects. This professional review and feedback will result in strengthening your business plan. And when you are presenting your business to investor prospects and/or funding sources... you want to create a strong first impression ... don't you?
Here's Some feedback from a couple of my clients:
Subject: Thank you
I just wanted you to know that I am very grateful for all the work you did for me. You did a great job on my website and business plan, your work has been above expectation and your price is very reasonable. The funding sources your provided and the information with it are very helpful too.
I also appreciate your timeliness, kind words, patience and positive attitude; you know those things are helpful for entrepreneurs.
I will have some projects in the near future that you will help me with and if any one I know wants a website designed or a business plan written or any of the services you provide, I will refer them to you in full confidence knowing you will do an amazing job for them too.
Messay Haile, CEO
From: Josh K
To: Dennis Lowery
Subject: Business plan
Let me begin by saying what an absolute pleasure it has been working with you so far. I have been impressed by you since day one and feel very privileged to have found you. I know without a doubt that my business would not be on the path that it is without you.
Every step so far you have done exactly what you said you were going to do. I don't know that I have ever worked with anyone as professional as you. You have completely understood my vision from day one and have put my company on the right path for success. I also appreciate all the encouraging words you have given me so far.
Anyone can attest that starting a business can be a stressful venture with all the uncertainty involved. Having you by my side gives me great confidence in knowing that I have a true experienced professional with me every step of the way. I'd like to think of you not only as a business professional but a mentor and a friend. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me so far and I look forward to building on our relationship in the years to come.
Please visit my site: http://www.adducent.tv/ to learn more about me and Information & Services to help you start, fund or buy a business.