Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 2:23 PM by Dereshki

Address for business in NY?

Dereshki Adventurer
      Hello
      I am looking for an address in NY. I saw www.usa*mail*1.com can give me an address in NY, but the address is not nice:
      Artin #3489
      616 Corporate Way, Suite 2
      Valley Cottage, NY 10989-2050

It not good address, it dont apear like real physical address... I want have an address in NY to conduct my business, open checking and credit card account....

Help.....
        • Re: Address for business in NY?
          My_Lan Adventurer
          When you say you need an address, what kind of address do you need?

What I is mean is are you going to be an actual store or office that people physically go to or do you need an address just to receive mail at?
              Dereshki Adventurer
              Just recive mail, but it must apear like real physical address. I mean i must be able to open cheking, credit card, ....
                  My_Lan Adventurer
                  Then what is wrong with just using a regular P.O box from your post office? What kind of business is it going to be?
                      gracefulonlin Wayfarer
                      Unfortunately, with all the violations of our freedom disguised to protect us from 'terrorists', it's going to be very hard to open up a legitimate address here in the U.S.

I am going to assume you are not located in the U.S., or NYC for that matter, and you are looking for a way to do this online, so that you can open up business accounts (banking, merchant, etc) within the U.S.

No bank is going to give you a bank account or merchant account with valid U.S. ID - this means Passport, or State Issued ID. Even if you try an open something online, they will still require that you fax or scan and email your ID to them. They will run a background check through CHEXX system, MC's Batch list, as well through the local state DB to verify the ID you provided is legitimate. If everything is ok, they will open up your account.

A post office box will not work either, because, again, they require a VALID U.S. address and U.S. ID, and most banks today will not allow PO Boxes as your main address. You can try a UPS Store (formerly Mail Boxes Etc), but they are also being more and more strict.

That address you provided is good, there is nothing wrong with it. Just remove the first part, and include your name/company name instead. The rest is fine.

• Grace
                      http://gracefulonline.com
                      http://gracemoneyreviews.com
                          My_Lan Adventurer
                          On the contrary, I am located in the U.S and in NY. Not in the city but around the suburban areas.

And yes, almost anyone you do business with you will need a valid ID. What is your current situation and what are you trying to do?
                            Dereshki Adventurer
                            I dont understand, what you mean about remouve the first part?
                            Artin #3489

Dereshki, Inc. # 3489

??

I prefere to have an address like:

Dereshki, Inc.
                            1234 Any Street, Suite 9876
                            City, State Zip Code

gracefulonlin Wayfarer
                                What is the Artin #3489? - is this your specific 'mail' box or account listed @ that address?

If so, is your company name assigned to that specific box? Then you should be able to swap out the Artin #3489 with your company name. Most mail forwarding services allow this. They understand the need for simplicity when it comes to a service such as this. As long as your company name, and any other names you will be using at this address is assigned to the ARTIN #3489 - they will be able to route accordingly. But, I would check with them first before giving out this information. Most banks today now allow for home addresses as a business address, but to give yourself more credibility AND to protect yourself from receiving any customers at your home, then a mail box would make a perfect alternative to conduct business. In addtion, mail box services allow you to receive shipments/boxes, during business hours, so this is good if your not always home to receive such items - ie, you have a 9-5 already and can't be home to accept packages.

Dereshki, Inc.
                                616 Corporate Way
                                Suite 2

or you could format as follows:

Dereshki, Inc.
                                616 Corporate Way
                                Suite 2, Dept 3489

Hope this helps some.

• Grace
                                http://gracefulonline.com
                                http://gracemoneyreviews.com
                                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    Dereshki Adventurer

( your name or corporate ) # XXXX
                                    616 Corporate Way
                                    Suite 2

This is the address he gave. If you setup on his mail box, he will give you this kind of address. I think it will be better if i find some mail box with:

( your name or corporate )
                                    1234 Street name
                                    Suite 1234
                                    City, State zip code

If i give
                                    Dereshki, Inc. #3489
                                    616 Corporate Way
                                    Suite 2

The bank can see some thing is wrong or special...

This suggested address will be better, but it stell not well...

Dereshki, Inc.
                                    616 Corporate Way
                                    Suite 2, Dept 3489