Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2009 4:13 PM by Analysight

Assistance requested to help an IT Solutions & Support Co.

Florida.Gizmo Newbie

We recently move our business to a new area. We are out of advertising dollars from our other areas. My wife and I are not sales people at all. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can market and advertise in our new area without incurring a lot of costs? We currently have post cards, flyers, brochures, business cards and letters to promote our business and services. Any advice would be greatly apperciated.
        • Re: Assistance requested to help an IT Solutions & Support Co.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Assistance requested, Welcome Gizmo

It sounds like could use some help. The best advice that I can give you is to contact SCORE.
          SCORE is FREE both in person and online. SCORE can help you develop a marketing program
          that will help you promote your business.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Florida.Gizmo Newbie
              I tried SCORE in 1997 when I was first starting out. I wasn't very impressed with the people that I spoke with. Although, it has been over 10 years since that time and I've learned a great deal. I will try contacting SCORE again and with my experiences, maybe this time around will be much better. Any other suggestions or do you think SCORE is the best route to take? Thank you for sharing your suggestions, I greatly appericate it.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Assistance requested

Do I think that SCORE is the "BEST route" to take. Maybe not the best, but a good route to take and it is FREE.

A Business and Marketing Plan would also help. Going to SCORE online instead of in person, lets you pick the best counselor (or more than one) to help you. SCORE also has a Virtual Learning Center with 26 FREE online courses, so yes there is a lot of info out there.

Again LUCKIEST
                Analysight Newbie
                Florida.Gizmo,

You should be able to market your services relatively inexpensively by networking and positioning yourself as an IT expert.

Sign up on LinkedIn.com, if you're not there now. It's free. Once you're on there, invite all your professional colleagues from your old area and from past jobs to join your LinkedIn network. Then, in LinkedIn, do a search for people in your new area who represent your target market (e.g., IT directors, CIOs, small firms who don't have a dedicated IT department), and check to see if anyone in your previous area is connected to them, or knows them well enough to introduce you to them. You might also try answering questions LinkedIn participants post about IT. If you answer them, you have the chance to demonstrate your IT expertise,

Another idea is to attend "business after hours" meetings with the chambers of commerce in your new area. You can make great connections through there.

You might also try calling up editors of the business section of local newspapers in your area and offer to serve as an IT expert (say, for small businesses, or whomever you decide is your target market). That way, when they need to run a story pertaining to computing needs of small businesses, they'll consider you. You might even offer to contribute articles about IT for the paper.

Also, consider writing brief information products and sending them to your target customers. Maybe a brief tip sheet like "10 ways to save money on IT solutions," or "5 mistakes small businesses make when setting up an IT system." You get the idea. Things like these will scream out to your target market that you're an expert!

Florida.Gizmo, if there's any other questions I can answer for you, please let me know.

Good luck!

Alex