Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 8:48 AM by Iwrite

Help! I need advise on creating training video?

Creditbuilder Scout
      I am an expert of building D&B credit reports for small businesses and want to create a series of do-it-yourself video's. Anyone does that kind of thing in the community? We have offices both in Nevada and Northern California, but filming must occure in our office. Please advise or contact us through...

www.businessformationgroup.com

much thanks
        • Re: Help! I need advise on creating training video?
          InnerCircleRE Wayfarer
          I would be willing to assist you in creation of such videos as well as marketing/distribution channels online for a possible barter of service. Please PM me for exchange of details.
            Creditbuilder Scout
            I don't need distribution, I need help creating it only. Basically its all the info about how people can get funded that is on the website... www.businessformationgroup.com/resource Check it out and let me know, thanks.
              Iwrite Pioneer
              It really isn't that hard.

The talent in both of the markets you are in is very good. I would contact the local advertising industry organizations and get references from them for a broadcast art director. An art director will make sure you get the look and feel that you are after. He or she will also help you select a director to shoot the videos.

I recommend getting three bids for both positions. And please, ask to see their portfolios and reels. No book or reel - no job. You don't need to see examples of videos, you are looking to see how creative they are and the quality of the work they produce. Let them not only bid on the production of the video but have them present their thoughts so that you are sure you are on the same page.

This may sound like a lot but it really isn't. The most important thing is to produce something that people will want to watch, something that is informative but engaging at the same time. This is hard for clients to do but you have to trust the art director and director to bring a vision to the project that you may not have had. They should approach from your target audiences standpoint, if all they do is agree with you in the meeting - find someone else. You want someone that is going to bring something different to the table.

I think you can get away with not having a writer but it would have been ideal to have one. Your sites copy is okay but I would have used a different voice, a little warmer. Please do not do the talking head or the person sitting there talking - have your art director get creative with the slides, make them more like ads. You have a great opportunity to distance yourself from the competition, don't let it slip away.

Good luck. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I hope this helps.

Iwrite
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Creditbuilder Scout
                You are right IWRITE but alas I will need a script. Cost is not the factor here as much as accuracy as I provide one-on-one training. While I have been caught up trying to consider the process, I neglected to consider the legality of training the public on much of DUN and BRADSTREET's little secrets. Anyone can build a report at www.smallbusiness.dnb.com but not everyone knows the 150 mititgating factors to avoid not getting funded as a result of you putting something in your report that DNB will not steer you clear of. So if I publicly announce those back-end procedures I could end up with legal issues. My attny's are considering the ramifications now, but sadly this is a case where my idea ended before it even begun, but much thanks.
                    Iwrite Pioneer
                    I am not sure it has to end.

There is a lot of helpful information on your site that are not trade secrets, wait until you attorney tells you what you can and cannot say before you kill the idea. I have seen video for things a lot more sensitive than this - like defense contractors making videos about projects they are working on - that give enough information but not too much. I think you can still do it, just make sure to have your lawyers approval. Get all the advice first, before making your decision to move forward or not.

Having an art director and copywriter working on this should give you some really nice videos. I would not walk away too quickly, this could be a powerful tool for your company.

God luck and keep us updated!